Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Work

Re: Work

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Well I went to college years ago. I use to want to be manager years back but was rejected by the company and I had a breakdown in 2016 and realised it wasn’t worth chasing promotions. So yes I prefer doing same hours I prefer to expand my life in other ways I have a mortgage and prefer nice holidays so my career doesn’t matter as having more free time is more of a win than working 40 or 50 hours.
    You can either tell him what you have said above if he starts pushing for more hours. Move shop again, (not sure if that's an option). Get a new job, doing similar work and hours. They appear to be your three options at the moment. They manager though may not broach the subject, so you could be worrying over nothing.

Without challenging yourself though, can/will feed your anxiety, so you could find getting too stuck in a routine will trap you into a cycle of anxiety that it will be very difficult to escape from.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    You can either tell him what you have said above if he starts pushing for more hours. Move shop again, (not sure if that's an option). Get a new job, doing similar work and hours. They appear to be your three options at the moment. They manager though may not broach the subject, so you could be worrying over nothing.

Without challenging yourself though, can/will feed your anxiety, so you could find getting too stuck in a routine will trap you into a cycle of anxiety that it will be very difficult to escape from.
    Yes I mean this manager has been in two shops in past few years so he may not even be here long. I guess I am wondering if I should sit this one out as he’s not coming for a few months or push for a move or give it a chance that’s the dilemma. I was offered a move with the manager who left but he’s filled the jobs for now. I realise I can’t keep moving

My deputy manager is leaving now too so I am ending up with management team I had in 2019 at other shops. Already my work have been giving me an extra shift not anymore hours just more flexed out despite my contract being 3 days in this new store. If they try and flex me all time I will refuse and ask to transfer or cut my hours as I don’t want the extra day I enjoyed the extra day off as I use to work 4. Things are never easy sadly no date on the new management but end of month most likely. Perhaps I am over worried as the 4 days has only lasted one week before but my worry is they try and change it?
    Last edited by phil06; 01-03-22 at 15:16.

Just tell them you're prepared to do the extra shifts on a temporary basis while the management sorts things out, but you wish to return to 3 days a week as soon as possible.

Then you have shown flexibility, but also reminded them of your contractual days, (although I would guess there is some clause in your contract about mutual flexibility for hours/days on occasion).

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Just tell them you're prepared to do the extra shifts on a temporary basis while the management sorts things out, but you wish to return to 3 days a week as soon as possible.

Then you have shown flexibility, but also reminded them of your contractual days, (although I would guess there is some clause in your contract about mutual flexibility for hours/days on occasion).
    Thanks yes I did agree to cover holidays but it was suppose to be “overtime” rather than shorter shifts but yes I guess I have to wait to see the new management and remind them of my contract. Having anxiety means I worry more than I have to.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information