Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Going tomorrow for a covid test

Re: Going tomorrow for a covid test

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Admittedly started worrying about monkey pox I think there’s only one case in my state, several counties over, and I haven’t had any skin contact with people who were infected. I would think the chance of catching it while shopping would be low? I just have a sore on my cheek, which admittedly was there Sunday before I shopped or felt ill and just found another bump on my “lady bits”. Sores in either spot aren’t abnormal for me. I’m fighting back with logic but just the fear of the unknown is so hard.

I was fever less most of today but ran a low grade one about an hour ago which is now gone. I’ve had some times when I thought my throat hurt, but when I drink water it doesn’t. I also have a slight runny nose but it’s really only noticeable because I’m hyper focusing on it. I suppose I’ll get some sleep and see what tomorrow brings.
    Monkeypox isn't really airborne, so it's highly unlikely you will catch it whilst out shopping.

Plus it's only resulted in 2 reported fatalities worldwide so far (I think), which is pretty negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    -The build up to anything significant is always a mental challenge, isn't it? It's natural for you to have this fear but it hasn't actually happened so it's pure anticipatory anxiety and chances are that in 10 days this episode will have passed anyway. The temptation will be to replace this fear with other worries of course...
    Yes, that is the challenge. I've always had HA but never communicable fears which is new. I'm definitely stressed over a number of other issues, and HA is one that is familiar so I fall back on it when I'm struggling elsewhere I think. And a lot of it has to do with feeling like a lot of things are out of my control.

I have had a migraine today but a lot of screen time + poor sleeping position and it's not out of the ordinary at all. I'm trying to get some work done and then will nap. I otherwise feel better and no more fever, so I don't know what I had but once again I guess it wasn't covid.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Monkeypox isn't really airborne, so it's highly unlikely you will catch it whilst out shopping.

Plus it's only resulted in 2 reported fatalities worldwide so far (I think), which is pretty negligible.
    Logically I can accept that, I've just seen too many notices that say it can live a long time on surfaces so we need to disinfect, and then some others have said its possible to transmit when asymptomatic or potentially via air so it's hard to know what's what. I'm not so worried about fatality with it, but it's apparently quite painful and there are side effect concerns, plus you have to isolate for weeks and it would be quite hard to be away from my family.

Anyway, there's only one case in my state so even if it does become a concern it's not what I have right now, so I'll just take that as it is.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information