Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going tomorrow for a covid test

Re: Going tomorrow for a covid test

My PCR test was negative, so now I have to tackle my anxiety I suppose. I'm feeling tired, tense, light-headed, and like I can't quite get a breath - I know these are all anxiety symptoms. This morning I had a panic attack because I thought my fingernails looked purple. I know I need to get a grip and I'm back on my meds but it is a bit of a struggle and of course I have to wait for the meds to even out again (prozac).
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

We all understand how much of a struggle this will be for you but the good news is that you do not have Covid. Your anxiety symptoms won't care about this though but you have so much insight and once you are more rested and less stressed you will be able to get to grips with your anxiety again.

Why not just please yourself this weekend and really allow yourself to rest mentally and physically? You've been through a lot.

Glad to hear Poppy 🙂
    One good thing is that this is a great reminder of how anxiety (the beast) lies to you.

My precious mom called it the devil.

Posting here again instead of starting a new thread. I’m currently in a drive through line for a PCR test. I have symptoms but with HA it’s hard to tell what is real and what I’ve conjured, but as I am around my parents it’s better safe than sorry.

I currently have a runny nose. Maybe a sore throat, but it feels more like a burning sensation that a typical sore throat. No fever, but general malaise. Dodgy stomach, but that could be nerves. Tired, but I haven’t been sleeping well.

I’m working remote for at least the next two weeks, which is nice. I just absolutely hate this, as most do. Processing for the tests is longer than ever, but hopefully I will know in a few days, and hopefully good news? The vet school here is processing some of the tests, which helps speed things up I hope.

Just feeling really down and out.

I'm sorry you're in this position again, Poppy. I hope you get then results back quickly and then at least you'll know definitively..

Thanks, Pulisa. It’s hard because one second I’ll think “oh I feel fine” and the next I’ll feel like an ache or a twinge in my throat or the urge to do a little cough and think, nevermind, this is it.

Hope you hear soon Poppy. At least if you know one way or the other you can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Thanks, Pulisa. It’s hard because one second I’ll think “oh I feel fine” and the next I’ll feel like an ache or a twinge in my throat or the urge to do a little cough and think, nevermind, this is it.
    It doesn't sound like "this is it" but when anxiety is added into the mix it always seems as though this is it...

I'm promising myself that I won't update this again until I get results, which will hopefully be tomorrow. Whatever they are, I'm just hoping I can believe/relax with a negative result and not have a massive panic attack with a positive one.

I slept well last night because I took some Aleve PM, but woke up with a blocked nose (now fine) and have a bit of raspy voice. Still going back and forth with "is my throat sore?" and "are these body aches"? No fever, thankfully. Otherwise okay. But it also doesn't help that everyone and their mother is talking about Covid and being sick with Covid. I can't escape it, especially not in my own mind.

I keep telling myself I could just have a bit of a cold or a sinus infection. I've had some sinus issues during this pandemic and was always fine. I'm just kicking myself and wondering how I could have been exposed, if I even was.

It's sad, my friends are wanting to plan a vacation this summer as we have all just turned 30, but with things the way they are, there is just no way. My friends are perfectly comfortable going but I shudder to think of what it would do to me and my anxiety.

The Summer is months away and things could be a lot better by then. Don't write it off, Poppy especially if you would really like to be included if circumstances are more stable?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information