Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Going tomorrow for a covid test

Re: Going tomorrow for a covid test

PM - that contraption looks intimidating!

I will plug in my humidifier again, even though last time it seemed to make my walls drippy? Lol. But my dog has arthritis and he had a really bad episode this morning (we have a vet appointment for tomorrow) so maybe the humidifier will benefit him as well.

I have to do a yearly performance review for my job tomorrow morning and . I have worked my job for about five years now and I think this is different because I can't quite remember having them before (certainly not during the last few years from lockdown). Nervous is an understatement.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    PM - that contraption looks intimidating!
    If you want something that looks intimidating, have a look at the Aladdin "Blue Flame" kerosene heaters. They really look scary!

If you're getting condensate on your walls, they're very cold. As I live in a mostly-unheated house, I see this when I try and dry my washing with a fan heater in the spare bedroom which has painted plaster walls - so I don't use a fan heater any more.

Good luck with the performance review

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    If you want something that looks intimidating, have a look at the Aladdin "Blue Flame" kerosene heaters. They really look scary!

If you're getting condensate on your walls, they're very cold. As I live in a mostly-unheated house, I see this when I try and dry my washing with a fan heater in the spare bedroom which has painted plaster walls - so I don't use a fan heater any more.

Good luck with the performance review
    Thanks! Super nervous but can't avoid it so just have to go through.

I'd believe they are cold. My house was built in 1920, plaster walls that have very minimal insulation if any at all, and I'm trying to keep the bills down so I've got my heat set at 65 (F). I may see at some point if I can blow insulation into the walls via the attic but for now just have to try and keep warm!

Thanks! Super nervous but can't avoid it so just have to go through.

I'd believe they are cold. My house was built in 1920, plaster walls that have very minimal insulation if any at all, and I'm trying to keep the bills down so I've got my heat set at 65 (F).
    <looks at thermometer>

That's 6 degrees more than me then...

In some cases, adding insulating material to the cavities in walls (where they exist) can actually make matters worse. Certainly this winter I have used a much smaller electric heater in the room I mostly live in and my electricity bill is 100 Pounds less than last year.

Ha - I'd probably turn it down, but I don't want the pets to be cold. An electric heater would be a good option though. I'm constantly at war with the utilities it seems - they are higher than my last place. And of course everyone is raising prices.

What's really going to get me is the hot showers I've been taking. I don't take long showers in any other season, but there is something about being really cold and a nice hot shower.

Ha - I'd probably turn it down, but I don't want the pets to be cold. An electric heater would be a good option though. I'm constantly at war with the utilities it seems - they are higher than my last place. And of course everyone is raising prices.

What's really going to get me is the hot showers I've been taking. I don't take long showers in any other season, but there is something about being really cold and a nice hot shower.
    Hot showers.

I remember those, back in the days when I had running hot water... I think it's four? years ago now.

My little luxury is my electric underblanket which, as I type this, I realise I forgot to switch on earlier. It's about 34 degrees (F) outside as I type.

Good luck for your review, Poppy...I hope it's a lot less stressful than you anticipate and that you come out of it feeling that you did a good job!

I'm very careful with my heating but I couldn't do without a daily hot bath! It's my "therapy"!

It's been down in the teens here the last couple of days, but supposed to warm up into the 50s/60s (10-15 C I think?) over the next few days, which will be awesome.

I love a hot bath but I can never get the temp quite right! Either scalding hot or too tepid and it cools down too quickly. My dog also loves water, being a Spaniel, so he tries to climb into the bathtub with me. Kind of ruins the relaxation haha.

The review went fine, I am doing really well thankfully. I would love some sort of advancement or raise but I don't know how likely that is - I love my job but will eventually have to think of other options which is a bummer.

I'm off to the vet soon, Chisum had a really rough night with a lot of whimpering and needing to be really close to me so even though it's not obvious with a limp he's still struggling. He very much hates the vet because of his massive stranger danger, and they have interesting covid protocols so I'm not sure if I can go in with him, though I hope I can. But hopefully they can provide some guidance.

My dog also loves water, being a Spaniel, so he tries to climb into the bathtub with me. Kind of ruins the relaxation haha.
    Heh heh... you've just got to love a spaniel!!

Oh yeah, Spaniels are the best

Got back from the vet - they were going to do X-Rays but it's not arthritis related, he apparently has a fever so they think he's achy from that. As to why he has a fever, they don't yet know - they did bloodwork but won't have results until tomorrow. For now they gave me meds to manage pain + fever and I'm to take his temperature every couple of hours to make sure it doesn't get too high, because if it does they'll have to give him an IV.

I'm feeling quite terrible, he is largely acting okay but definitely not normal, but I should have seen the signs. He threw up the other day, but I just thought it was a one-off. I didn't even notice that he was overly warm; the last time he had a fever this high you could just feel the heat coming off of him. Maybe the cold weather is a factor.

I'm having some cramps myself so the two of us are just taking it as easy as possible today and hopefully we get good news tomorrow for the bloods.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information