Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Going tomorrow for a covid test

Re: Going tomorrow for a covid test

We don't know how lucky we are in the UK with weather events...Hope the worst is over by now and that you are both ok with no significant structural damage to your properties. Sounds very violent.

You've had a lot of anxiety over the past few weeks , Poppy..It's not easy to "lose" all that accumulated adrenaline. See how you go over the weekend and I hope you can find some respite and peace from all the stress you have been under.Pity there's not a GP prescription for that!

Thanks Pulisa. It was not fun having to get everything organized my myself but we managed. No tornado here thankfully, but there were several not too far south that fell apart before getting to me. There was a large tornado down by my brother in Wichita, so my brother, his wife, and my parents had to briefly shelter with a toddler and a newborn but they managed and no damage for them thankfully. My aunt in the western part of the state didn’t have storms, but they had 90+ mph winds for several hours that caused damage as well as a massive dust storm. And more this week to come
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

That is terrifying Poppy. I really don't think I would cope well with that.

You have had a rough run lately, so try and rest and do things you love for a while. Hopefully the adrenaline will settle down.

Funny to have to update this exactly one year later…but once again, I am headed tomorrow morning to urgent care to see about a test.

I was tired yesterday, but it was hot and I hadn’t slept well, and I was still functioning. This morning I was tired as well, but my cat kept me up all night. As the day progressed I started to just feel crummy, around noon I started with a low fever and now have one around 100 and body aches.

I don’t have a sore throat, stuffy nose, or cough. Just body aches and a rising fever. I was worried that I was short of breath, but logically I suppose I couldn’t have anything in my lungs without at least having a cough first.

It’s a bummer because I still limit public exposure and always wear a mask indoors. I attended a rally and went to a coffee shop Saturday, masked for both, and my mom went too and she’s fine (although she recently had another booster). I also went to a couple of shops yesterday, always masked. I don’t even know if it’s covid, but the fever scares me because I haven’t had one in two years that wasn’t a vaccine reaction.

I did take a home test and it was negative, but who knows, maybe it was too early. I have a vacation in exactly two weeks and I really hope I can get better. Today is my birthday and I was supposed to have dinner and cake with my parents, but I couldn’t go and I couldn’t pick up my dog from them either.

I guess I will take a Tylenol PM and try to sleep, and see what urgent care says tomorrow.

EDIT: in a fun twist, since I don’t have any other covid symptoms I had a nice little rabies-themed panic attack. I cat sit for someone a couple of weeks ago and while petting one she nipped at me and I’m pretty sure she’s not vaccinated (and is totally outdoors - it’s a colony). Logic says she didn’t break skin (though I did have a couple of scratches from my own cat on that hand), she wasn’t symptomatic, and as far as I know is probably still alive and well, and rabies in humans is very rare even in the US. And yet I feel like I’m concerned about covid when I should be worrying about something far worse.
    Last edited by .Poppy.; 02-08-22 at 02:01.

So today, no fever, still no cough or sore throat. My nose is a little stuffy and I have some sinus pain so I went to urgent care. My covid test was negative, but she said to do an at home test tomorrow just to make sure they hadn’t tested too early. Everything else looked fine.

I’ve got a big bottle of water and will try to just rest as much as I can, then probably work from home for a couple of days to play it safe.

I miss the days when I was happy about a fever or a cold and not stressed to death.

I'm so sorry that you've got to go through this again..Particularly as you must have had a miserable birthday. The pandemic has certainly left a damaging legacy and not just on children which is all you hear about over here. I hope your home test comes back negative but I appreciate that the fear goes on..My daughter is the same and fears that life will never get back to how it was pre-covid. It certainly wasn't easy then but now it's very hard to mentally pretend things are back to normal when they clearly aren't.

Thanks, Pulisa. I hope it’s negative as well. I was feeling a lot better this am but just feeling run down now so am going to try and nap. I have a lot to do before my trip but am going to try to put it off a day. No fever yet though. And it’s always possible it’s something else. I just get nervous because pre covid I had a couple of times when I had a cold but then started to get winded when climbing stairs, etc and it ended up as bronchitis or pneumonia. I just really don’t want to play that game. But it was so nice pre covid to have stuff like this because I could just rest, maybe to go the doc, and feel less like a pariah.

I at times feel like my lungs are burning when I breathe in, but she listened to me breathe and it was fine, my O2 was normal, and I’d certainly not have any lung issues without other more severe symptoms first…so it must be anxiety.

I am still taking precautions and I will get my next booster when I can, but that’s not until fall. My county is at a high incidence rate but no one seems bothered by it and they don’t post updates or recommendations anymore. Admittedly I feel a little bitter that people just don’t care, when I care very much, especially as I’m sure there are positive individuals who are just going out into stores and not bothering to mask.

Admittedly started worrying about monkey pox I think there’s only one case in my state, several counties over, and I haven’t had any skin contact with people who were infected. I would think the chance of catching it while shopping would be low? I just have a sore on my cheek, which admittedly was there Sunday before I shopped or felt ill and just found another bump on my “lady bits”. Sores in either spot aren’t abnormal for me. I’m fighting back with logic but just the fear of the unknown is so hard.

I was fever less most of today but ran a low grade one about an hour ago which is now gone. I’ve had some times when I thought my throat hurt, but when I drink water it doesn’t. I also have a slight runny nose but it’s really only noticeable because I’m hyper focusing on it. I suppose I’ll get some sleep and see what tomorrow brings.

Managed to shake the moneypox fear, which admittedly was totally irrational.

I'm still testing negative. I'm a little tired and maybe had a little bit of a runny nose. There are times when I'll think to myself that my throat hurts or feels dry/scratchy but when I drink water or actually swallow it doesn't so I'm not sure if it's just in my head. Earlier I was running a tiny fever, not really technically classified as a fever but warm for me, but that just keeps coming and going. So not quite sure what's up with me.

My biggest fear right now is that I'm going to wake up with like a full blown fever/cough/sore throat etc and it will have been covid this entire time just playing the slow game, and that I'm going to be sick for my vacation which is supposed to start in a week and a half.

-The build up to anything significant is always a mental challenge, isn't it? It's natural for you to have this fear but it hasn't actually happened so it's pure anticipatory anxiety and chances are that in 10 days this episode will have passed anyway. The temptation will be to replace this fear with other worries of course...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information