Thread: Afraid to go asleep after my Covid vaccine due to myocarditis fears

Afraid to go asleep after my Covid vaccine due to myocarditis fears

I am in the midst of my worst flare up of HA in a long time. I read about a 13-year-old American boy who died 3 days after his 2nd dose in his sleep. Autopsy results showed an enlarged heart. Since myocarditis was always a big trigger for my HA, I have now convinced myself that the same fate awaits me despite it already being 5 days since my 1st dose. I can't sleep because I'm too afraid to. I guess I'm just reaching out for help because this is probably the only place that wouldn't think I'm crazy.

Re: Afraid to go asleep after my Covid vaccine due to myocarditis fears

Hi Ronan,

well done for reaching out. I am sure it isn't going to happen now. I do actually know someone whose heart was affected (she still had the second jab! ) and it was almost immediate.

Hope this helps a little, and no we don't think you're crazy. Or at least, we know we all are!

Hang in there, you have done really really well to reach out. Keep talking and don't forget that you will have words of comfort for other people too, so why not go and look through the threads to see who you can help?

Gill x

How are you doing this morning? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan23 View Post
    I am in the midst of my worst flare up of HA in a long time. I read about a 13-year-old American boy who died 3 days after his 2nd dose in his sleep. Autopsy results showed an enlarged heart. Since myocarditis was always a big trigger for my HA, I have now convinced myself that the same fate awaits me despite it already being 5 days since my 1st dose. I can't sleep because I'm too afraid to.
    It's very sad about the young boy but I'm also seeing that he would have died peacefully, knowing nothing of what was happening to him. We all have to go sometime, so this isn't the worst way is it?

Also, I can't see an autopsy report online, so although there are sensationalist headlines saying 'healthy boy' we don't know if that was actually the case do we?

Preventing sleep will amplify anxiety symptoms - heart ones especially. More so if you try and take stimulants to keep you awake. These normal symptoms (and those to be expected when taking stimulants) will feed directly into what you fear..

You have to calm yourself down. Look at this rationally and allow yourself to sleep..

You read a story about a young boy who sadly died, and the cause is not yet known.

His story is not your story.

My niece has has heart issues from birth. She's had both her jabs - no problem. Same for millions of other people. Their stories won't make the headlines though, right?

Thread Information