Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amoxicillin tiredness. Help me calm down.

Re: Amoxicillin tiredness. Help me calm down.

Absolutely no appetite along with joint pain and flu like feeling for three days now. Just saw this indicates drug induced liver injury. I'm terrified these antibiotics have done my liver in. So scared to take my next dose.

no issues here when ive taken them, most recently 3 months ago and i also have a fatty liver

Ended up contacting my GP as joint pain was getting worse, appetite was 0. The receptionist said they don't deal with dental issues even though I tried to explain I was concerned I was having a bad reaction and the NHS website says to call a doctor ASAP if you have joint pain. Receptionist just told me to call 111 or dentist and that was that.

Called the dentist. Listed my symptoms - Joint and muscle aches all over, no appetite whatsoever, weakness and a mildly tight chest. They said to stop taking them immediately. Seems I could possibly be having a delayed but mild allergic reaction to it. Each dose I took made me slightly worse. They think the antibiotics have likely done their job by now, so it's safe to stop taking them. I'm still terrified its my liver but I'll wait and see if I improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    That's a good plan.

You could also gargle with salt water or Corsadyl mouthwash (not sure I spelled that right). I've done both in the past when I've had problems and I believe it helped.

I'll tell you a silly story - once when I had toothache my husband told me that if I put a piece chilli on the area it would stimulate my brain to produce endorphins and the pain would lessen (I'm not sure where he got it from). I was desperate, so I gave it a go. It was awful! It tasted terrible, I produced so much saliva I nearly choked. I was in a terrible state. He thought it was hilarious, he laughed so much he cried, so he rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tears. Only problem was, he had been the one who cut the chilli, so when he rubbed his eyes he got chilli in them, so he ended up running round the kitchen, which made me laugh (once I had spat out the chilli). Karma is a bugger 
    Love it!

Thank you for the tip about Corsodyl! I bought a bottle of it today and will swish with that until I see the dentist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information