I’m unsure which forum this is best suited to. I have GAD and social anxiety AND health anxiety (mostly covid related right now). There’s a friend’s wedding at the end of the month and I’d really like to go (my husband is best man), but I’ve been mostly inside since March 2020 since I work at home and am disabled. The thought of flying, going through the airport, staying at hotels, seeing family is scary enough, never mind the wedding! Because UK has opened everything up and says masks aren’t needed, I’m convinced I’ll catch covid. Right now, I’ve had 1 pfizer jab. I’m due my next one 2 weeks before the trip… it’s really close to the wire.

i wish I had more time to adjust. I’m trying to get myself out there now, seeing friends and catching up on doctors appointments, but I don’t feel ready to eat at a restaurant until I’m double jabbed. Not sure how I’m going to cope with a wedding! My anxiety manifests as IBS, and I’m certain my social anxiety will be so bad (since I’m so out of practice) that I’ll get an attack and have to leave the venue to rest.

I’d talk to my therapist about this but she is currently on vacation so I have to make the decision ASAP of whether or not to go It came up the last time I spoke to her and it seemed like she really wanted me to go. I want to have fun and forget all these worries, but they’re all at the front of my mind. I’ve worked so hard this last year I could really use a break and getting out of the house… My mind tells me all these things but my heart just doesn’t believe it

I continue to wear my mask outside of my house, but besides the wedding ceremony, it appears the whole event will be maskless (my friends have expressed annoyance that they have to wear masks during the ceremony). I think a big part of my fear is differences of attitudes between UK and Germany. To me, it seems like the UK is a plague island (sorry). I don’t believe the UK covid numbers right now either as I don’t trust the UK government. Hard to believe the numbers would go down since july 19th. There is also pressure from my husband since he is best man. He was able to be fully vaccinated earlier than me, so he’s feeling more ready to do the trip and go and see people. I don’t want to hold him back anymore but I’ll be scared he’ll catch covid if he goes.

i feel so stuck