Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testicular cancer

Testicle concern

Hello. I’ll make this short as I’m completely scared right now. And need any reassurance I can get please.

I noticed I only have one testicle. Now I’m 22 and will be 23 soon and assumed I was born without one and didn’t think much of it. However I did ask my mom and she said I have two. The doctors did an ultrasound and said there was one floating. Which I have no idea what that means. However I’m scared because I found out an undescended testicle has an increased risk of becoming testicular cancer. So now I’m completely scared that I never got it checked out and I may have it.

Re: Testicle concern

Any reassurance if I’m over worrying cause I’m in panic mode.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Mark8800 View Post
    Hello. I’ll make this short as I’m completely scared right now. And need any reassurance I can get please.

I noticed I only have one testicle. Now I’m 22 and will be 23 soon and assumed I was born without one and didn’t think much of it. However I did ask my mom and she said I have two. The doctors did an ultrasound and said there was one floating. Which I have no idea what that means. However I’m scared because I found out an undescended testicle has an increased risk of becoming testicular cancer. So now I’m completely scared that I never got it checked out and I may have it.
    You need to see your doc and clarify what 'floating' means as undescended testicles are detected at birth and they keep an eye on things to see if they drop naturally...

There's another condition called Retractile Testicles where they move in and out of the scrotum and just jumping into a swimming pool or moving around can cause the displacement. This condition isn't serious and this could well be your issue?

From what I gathered, my mom told me that the doctor said that it would descend as I started walking. And my mom did say that when she gave me a bath when I was a baby that there was two there. However sometimes she is known for lying to try and calm me down. I already made an appointment with my doc. I’m just worried I let it go for so long that it’s testicular cancer now.

Update.

So I went to a walk in center and she felt around and said she only felt one and she referred me to get a ultrasound. So from what she said, i was over exaggerating the chances of an undescended testicle to turn into cancer. She said both testicle cancer and with and undescended testicle, chances are still rare that I have it. From what I’ve seen online. It seemed much more common

Quote Originally Posted by Mark8800 View Post
    Update.

So I went to a walk in center and she felt around and said she only felt one and she referred me to get a ultrasound. So from what she said, i was over exaggerating the chances of an undescended testicle to turn into cancer. She said both testicle cancer and with and undescended testicle, chances are still rare that I have it. From what I’ve seen online. It seemed much more common
    The thing to understand with health anxiety (and Googling) is that reality is far less dramatic than what we imagine for ourselves, and Googling any symptom will always lead the HAer to a terminal conclusion - even if it's a stubbed toe.

Testicular cancer

Hello. I posted on here before but I figured I’d ask this because it’s been bugging me out the most. I saw an article that read for every 6 month delay in getting surgery to bring an undescended testicle down, your risk for testicular cancer goes up 6 percent. I’m absolutely confused cause I’m gonna be 23 in a month so that would mean I have a 240 percent increase. Wouldn’t that mean I guaranteed have it?? I’m so confused so if anyone can please help. I’m begging.

Re: Testicular cancer

What was the result of the ultra sound? What had your doctor said?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Testicular cancer

I’m getting the ultrasound Friday. A friend told me that it doesn’t mean a 240 percent increase. She said that it would increase to make my chances 31 percent. Which isn’t bad but still I guess I read it wrong. I don’t know how percentages work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information