Thread: Some thoughts

Some thoughts

Hello all
    I am just wondering if anyone else feels the same way as me.
    If I am engrossed in something like a deep conversation with someone or if I'm texting, looking online etc and I'm focused on it everything else is blocked out. My boyfriend might be asking me something and I,ll ignore him not intentionally but because my mind is else where. I have said to him if I'm texting or busy and I don't hear you I'm not being rude I'm just so focused I find it hard to do anything else until I'm finished. Is this something to do with anxiety? Like I'm anxious to get it finished so don't want distractions. I just feel a bit rude for people around me the I ignore them and seem distracted.
    I am thinking alot like this lately. Questioning why I'm doing things and Feeling things wondering if anyone else is the same or if there's something wrong with me.
    Sorry for the ramble

Re: Some thoughts

I don't think that there is anything wrong with you. I do and think similar things at times. I don't think that it has anything to do with anxiety, but more to do with an inability to focus on multiple things at once (at least in my case). If you are worried that it is affecting your relationships and coming off as rude, you could try to instill certain habits to prevent this from happening. Like making sure you have your phone silenced and put away during dinner or any social event where you know that your SO may be talking to you. Also by trying to make sure your zone into your surroundings and peripheral awareness every few minutes when in deep conversation.

Hello
    Thank you for your advice it's very helpful

I'm glad I could help!

Thread Information