Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting at 50mg per day next week

Re: Starting at 50mg per day next week

Thank you; panic_down_under - I appreciate your advice. I hope so one day to be free from it.

So how are you doing; irishman7?

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    Hi there, I'm also quite fascinated and hope to learn more myself as I'm struggling to break free from benzodiazepines and would love to find another way. Panic_Down_Under really knows his stuff when it comes to the way meds work in the brain.

I'm glad you feeling more relaxed, though. So you used to take Xanax? I was horribly addicted to that and quitting it was pure hell to say the very least ... even worse than alcohol. Speaking of which, I hope you won't drink while on this medication, trust me on that one.
    What benzo are you trying to break free from? I remember I was given 2 weeks supply of Xanax couple of years ago when I was starting lexapro, ooh my the euphoria was unbelievable it really was brilliant! I remember thinking that is what life should be like the whole time just pure relaxed and happy. I can't take any benzos here in Ireland as benzos are illegal for driving and if your caught you get banned from driving for 3 years so I need my car so I can't take them lol.

Yeah panic down under is really really knowledgeable I like chatting with him about these things

So how are you doing; irishman7?
    So today is my 2nd week taking pregabalin I am up to 75mg three times a day and then week 3 I will go up to 125mg a day. I feel a lovely sense of calm still which is amazing, id say 90% of my anxiety is gone. I say the higher doses will sort me out finally.
    I went to a hotel with my friends on Friday and we had dinner went out to a pub for drinks and then the next morning had breakfast and went off for coffee. Throughout the whole time away with my mates I only got one episode of anxiety, went I was having coffee sitting down in a shopping centre with my friend. I think it was the massive large area that freaked me out

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Neurons depolarise ('fire') when their internal voltage climbs from a resting potential of around -70mV to about +40mV relative to the external volts. Drugs like the BZDs and pregabalin make this harder to achieve which slows down the firing rate and we experience this as sedation.
    Ah I understand now! thanks very much as always for your reply I always learn from you

Quote Originally Posted by irishman7 View Post
    I was given 2 weeks supply of Xanax couple of years ago when I was starting lexapro, ooh my the euphoria was unbelievable it really was brilliant! I remember thinking that is what life should be like the whole time just pure relaxed and happy.
    Which would be okay if BZDs didn't make anxiety disorders (also depression) worse by nuking the same hippocampal brain cells as stress hormones do (so do alcohol and THC in cannabis). The occasional BZD to ease breakthrough anxiety shouldn't be a problem, but they are not good primary anti anxiety meds.

I always learn from you
    Er...um...you did buy the super deluxe NMP support plan which includes a couple of hours of tuition, didn't you?

Er...um...you did buy the super deluxe NMP support plan which includes a couple of hours of tuition, didn't you?
    Ugh ... unfortunately, I didn't have enough coin at the time for the "super deluxe", so I snagged up the "econo promotional limited" NMP support package (and get this ... it was 40% discount get it while it lasts), which included only a battery helmet (refurbished) that zapps away panic and a lifetime supply of prune juice. I'm cheap and a penny saved is a penny earned - now that is advice to take to the bank!

which included only a battery helmet (refurbished) that zapps away panic and a lifetime supply of prune juice.
    Oh, no one's told you about the prune juice scam the mods are running. It's very addictive, worse than heroin apparently, and once they got you hooked your wallet is theirs!! The battery helmet isn't to zap away the panic, but to forever erase the first two sentences in this paragraph from your memory! hehehe

Hey Scissel73 and panic_down_under

So for the last week I've been on 75mg spread out three times a day @ 25mg each time. Doing great so far! Back to living life again

I am starting 125mg tomorrow @ 50mg in morning then 25mg in the afternoon followed by 50mg in the evening. Is it good that I am going up slowly and also will there be a noticeable difference
    between 75mg and 125mg ?

Quote Originally Posted by irishman7 View Post
    I am starting 125mg tomorrow @ 50mg in morning then 25mg in the afternoon followed by 50mg in the evening. Is it good that I am going up slowly and also will there be a noticeable difference
    between 75mg and 125mg ?
    You should notice a difference between 75mg and 125mg. The recommended pregabalin dose range for anxiety is 200-600mg with most taking around 400-450mg, but YMMV.

You should notice a difference between 75mg and 125mg. The recommended pregabalin dose range for anxiety is 200-600mg with most taking around 400-450mg, but YMMV.
    Your right im a good few days on 125mg and I notice a big improvement! I even refereed a football final in my county! im back living a good life again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information