Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting at 50mg per day next week

Re: Starting at 50mg per day next week

Quote Originally Posted by irishman7 View Post
    Your right
    Rule 1: Ian is always right

Rule 2: For all the times Ian is wrong refer to rule 1!

im a good few days on 125mg and I notice a big improvement! I even refereed a football final in my county! im back living a good life again
    That's great. Long may it last!

Your right im a good few days on 125mg and I notice a big improvement! I even refereed a football final in my county! im back living a good life again
    Boomshakalaka

Thanks for the chat and support I really appreciate it, always nice to talk to people with knowledge in this area!

Quick update guys,

Had my follow up with my GP and I am moving from 175mg to 225mg per day.
    She is giving me a prescription for 6 months.

Will I notice a good improvement on the 225mg per day? And should I take this all at once in the morning? She told me to do 75mg 3 times a day

I take mine twice a day 7.30am and 7.30pm, if you take it all at once you'll find it will run out before the end of the day. I take 225mg twice a day. That's assuming you are on 'normal' pregablin, it might be different if it's an extended release version, I don't know if they do and XR version.

Will I notice a good improvement on the 225mg per day?
    It should be more effective than 150mg, but how much depends on individual biology.

And should I take this all at once in the morning? She told me to do 75mg 3 times a day
    As spectrum123 has posted, immediate-release pregabalin needs to be taken several times a day. It has a short half-life, around 6 hours. The pregabalin CR controlled/slow-release version only needs to be taken once per day, but I'd still opt for taking half the dose twice a day to ensure plasma levels remain level.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    It should be more effective than 150mg, but how much depends on individual biology.

As spectrum123 has posted, immediate-release pregabalin needs to be taken several times a day. It has a short half-life, around 6 hours. The pregabalin CR controlled/slow-release version only needs to be taken once per day, but I'd still opt for taking half the dose twice a day to ensure plasma levels remain level.

This morning I had a panic attack unfortunately. Was on a business call and just before it was my time to speak my heart went 90! I was walking around the room trying to calm down, I was going to leave the call and pretend my broadband went down. I managed to go on the call and talk normally luckily enough.
    So my question is, I'm taking 75mg three times a day, im thinking now that this isn't enough. Should I take two 75's in the morning (150mg) and then take the last 75mg in the evening around 6pm?

I wonder is it that when I take 75mg on its own in the morning that's not a high enough amount to combat the anxiety maybe I should even take 225mg all at one go in the morning and then after 6 hours it will halve to 112.5mg maybe that would be a nice amount to work with in my body?

I very much doubt there's a pill out there that will stop you ever having a panic attack.

If it's not working then fiddling around when you take the dose won't make any difference. Speak to your doctor, you can go up to 300mg twice a day. Like I said I'm on 225mg twice a day. I started on 75mg twice a day and went up every 2 weeks adding 75mg to morning and evening dose, settling 225mg. I get prescribed 150mg and 75mg tablets, this let's me go up to 300 should I feel I need to, likewise I could drop down and see how that goes, it's up to me.

I'm also doing a course of CBT again (I had numerous rounds and it's never worked, but I never turn down any extra help offered, you never know it might work).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information