Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In isolation again!

In isolation again!

Hello,

I've just spent a couple of days with some friends and one has just tested positive. I have already had covid (in jan so not Delta) and one shot of pfizer. Doing 10 day isolation now, I know realistically I should be ok but still feeling anxious. Testing negative on LF but I know they aren't all that reliable.

Unfortunately I've had to go to my mums to isolate due to my current living situation. Her and my sister are both double jabbed and I'm staying in my room apart from using the loo - my sister will use my mums so that's good at least. Double masking whenever I leave my room.

If anyone has any words of reassurance, statistics about the unlikeliness of getting it twice (I will do my 10 days no matter what though, I'm very rule abiding), or advice on what to do to pass the time that would be great! I wasnt confined to one room when I had it before and all my energy was taken up looking after my boyfriend so i couldn't do much else!

Thanks!

Re: In isolation again!

What a pain and I'm really sorry that you will have to be cooped up in one room..but you are certainly being responsible and doing the right thing.

Have you brought much stuff with you to keep you busy for some of the time at least? What do you have in your room that could be used to pass the time?

Thanks for your message! Yes I know its important to isolate despite having some immunity! I am feeling very anxious, I did find my boyfriends covid in January very traumatic (he wasnt hospitalised but I dont think he was far off, he was very unwell) and I'm really worried about getting it again. He isn't here though and I haven't seen him since I was in contact with my friend, he has been at his parents all week so is staying there.

I'm feeling knackered but I've had a busy few days and a long drive so that's no surprise! Just worried about my mental health being cooped up in this room for 10 days seeing if symptoms start!

I dont have a tv in my room but I do have a laptop with netflix, as well as a lot of books and a tonne of work to catch up on. I will also try to do some yoga and maybe some other indoor exercise. Not really sure how else to occupy my time haha!

You've had covid in Jan, and one shot of the jab, I'd say your immune systems would be more than ready for any covid attack and your very unlikely to get that ill if at all?

I am sorry to see this Elizabeth, this virus continues to be a pain in the ass doesn't it?

In all my reading and studying of research continues to show that having covid is like shot #1, shot #1 is like the booster. I really believe your immunity it up there.

I know you're back to counting down the days until you're clear. I hope you'll check in and let us count down with you.

What a shame for you Elizabeth. No real advice to add but sending you a very socially distanced hug anyway. I hope your friend is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Thanks for your message! Yes I know its important to isolate despite having some immunity! I am feeling very anxious, I did find my boyfriends covid in January very traumatic (he wasnt hospitalised but I dont think he was far off, he was very unwell) and I'm really worried about getting it again. He isn't here though and I haven't seen him since I was in contact with my friend, he has been at his parents all week so is staying there.

I'm feeling knackered but I've had a busy few days and a long drive so that's no surprise! Just worried about my mental health being cooped up in this room for 10 days seeing if symptoms start!

I dont have a tv in my room but I do have a laptop with netflix, as well as a lot of books and a tonne of work to catch up on. I will also try to do some yoga and maybe some other indoor exercise. Not really sure how else to occupy my time haha!

Can you give yourself a daily timetable of work to do/films to watch/ books to catch up on/set exercise routine etc just to give yourself a planned structure to your day? Also to minimise rumination/anxiety time? Yes you're going to be put to the test again but you're not responsible for anyone else this time so look after yourself and maybe think about plans for later on in the year when things are better? A nice treat? Also you could make a list of possible Christmas presents to buy for your family and friends? If you get desperate for things to do?

Thanks everyone! Yes that's all very true, I know I have a tonne of antibodies now so I should be absolutely fine. Worried about giving it to my mum and sister but we aren't ever going to be in the same room and mum will wash her hands thoroughly whenever she takes plates from outside my room (she's an absolute angel and is doing all my cooking so I don't go into the kitchen!). I seem to be worried that if I have covid it will be able to go through walls but that's just not physically possible 😂 plus my mum and my sister are both double vaxxed.

I do feel the tiiiiniest bit achy but I was so anxious this morning trying to sort out where to go and I always tense when I'm anxious, so that's probably nothing to worry about. I'll continue to do LFTs every day and get a PCR in a few days.

I dont even think my 10 days have started yet as I saw my friend this morning, but the countdown will be on tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Can you give yourself a daily timetable of work to do/films to watch/ books to catch up on/set exercise routine etc just to give yourself a planned structure to your day? Also to minimise rumination/anxiety time? Yes you're going to be put to the test again but you're not responsible for anyone else this time so look after yourself and maybe think about plans for later on in the year when things are better? A nice treat? Also you could make a list of possible Christmas presents to buy for your family and friends? If you get desperate for things to do?
    Thanks, I appreciate these ideas, all very good! As long as I stay well I will try to work a normal day so that will take up time (it is the weekend but I may as well use the time to catch up on work haha). And I will try to plan some good films etc for the evening and will try to catch up with friends as well! I definitely have a lot to do so that's good, just hopefully I'll be able to calm the anxiety!

Not sure how I feel this morning. I've only had maybe 5 hours of sleep, my body feels very tired but that's no surprise and I feel a little bit sicky but nothing major. Just did another LF so waiting for the results. I'm not sure whether to get a PCR yet, my friend said something about only being allowed one in a certain time period - does anyone know if this is true? I don't want to take one too early if that's the case as I only saw my friend yesterday (although I first saw her on Tuesday so theres a long time span when I could have caught it).

Update: LFT still negative (it's the 4th one I've taken now). Will try to sleep for a bit. I know that I could just be feeling exhaustion from a busy week and lots of stress and anxiety yesterday so we will see!
    Last edited by elizabethalice; 07-08-21 at 07:13.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information