Thread: Lofepramine to sertraline

Lofepramine to sertraline

Hi , I’ve been on 70mg of lofepramine in the morning and 140 at night for a couple of years now but I’m getting switched back on to sertraline, gradually lowering the dose of lofepramine before starting a low dose of sertraline until fully switched . Well it seems like it would be easier just to do a straight swap and put up with some side effects/ withdrawals for a few days? Had anyone done this before and how did it go?

Re: Lofepramine to sertraline

Quote Originally Posted by Shezney View Post
    Hi , I’ve been on 70mg of lofepramine in the morning and 140 at night for a couple of years now but I’m getting switched back on to sertraline,
    Because lofepramine has stopped working?

gradually lowering the dose of lofepramine before starting a low dose of sertraline until fully switched . Well it seems like it would be easier just to do a straight swap and put up with some side effects/ withdrawals for a few days? Had anyone done this before and how did it go?
    Lofepramine and sertraline affect different receptor and transporter systems so cross tapering over a couple of weeks is usually the better, and maybe safer, option.

Thread Information