Thread: Help!! Scared to get the AstraZeneca vaccine

Help!! Scared to get the AstraZeneca vaccine

Hi there guys. I hope I get get some reassurance here that I’m not the only one here! So I’m not at all bothered about the needle or jab itself just the thought of putting this new thing into my body and panicking after wanting it out but obviously that’s a no go!
    I suffer terribly with anxiety in general and I am super scared of getting covid and giving it to my loved ones which in turn makes me feel so selfish I’m second guessing this vaccine! I’ve been putting it off for months now and I have my first jab booked for tomorrow so just needing all the help I can get really guys.
    would be reassuring enough to know I’m not alone and others have felt like me and got on had the jab anyway!
    reading anti vax stuff really hasn’t helped eithier 🤦🏼*♀️

Re: Help!! Scared to get the AstraZeneca vaccine

I had the AZ vaccine and of course was totally nervous about it. But it was fine. Really. Felt a bit fluey afterwards but that was it…… you will be ok I promise

I feel for you, anxiety is just awful. I had the Pfizer jabs and honestly the feeling of safety I had after having it was such a relief, it outweighed any trepidation I had.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Thank you for the replies. We’re you guys worried about the whole it’s a new vaccine and no long term studies as yet? Like I’m super worried about long term ill effects and the stuff I’ve read about vaccine damaged people but you never know if it’s the anti vax agenda behind it! Personally I know of nobody with ill effects from either of the vaccines so this alone should reassure me. But I guess there is of course risk but the risk of covid and long covid scares the hell out of me also as I’m 41 and have asthma so I guess I wouldn’t dare too well if I was to catch it.

I thought about the long term effects, this was back in December so it was very new and there was lots of discussion surrounding it. But I really believed that it was the only way I could have any semblance of normality back in my life. Plus I wanted to protect others around me, my husband is in the at risk category, so was my mother and I work for the NHS. Even though there was no guarantee it would stop me transmitting it to others, if there was any chance that it would I was prepared to take it.

A friend of mine has long covid - she got it early in the first wave, wasn't hospitalized so wasn't tested as testing wasn't available much then - so no confirmation. She's had to give up work she is still suffering the after effects (they now are 100% sure she had it). Our nearest major hospital runs a long covid clinic so she is getting some help from them.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello,

It's very scary when there is so much anti vax stuff going around. However, most of the viral stuff about adverse effects aren't related to the vax at all - they are just coincidentally at the same time as someone has had the vaccine.

I read about a condition that affects 100s of people per day in normal times. Sometimes, these people may have had their vax a few days prior, but there is no link and the rates of this aren't higher than last year.

Unfortunately, lots of anti vax people latch onto this and presume the vax caused it when it is just coincidental!

Regarding long term effects, vaccines don't work like that. This vaccine is new, but scientists have been studying similar vaccines for decades, and any adverse reactions happen usually in the first hours, at the latest 1-2 months.

However, these adverse reactions are so so so rare. For example, AstraZeneca has a much lower risk of blood clots than covid does at any age. Covid also has untold risks including long covid and organ damage etc.

Nearly everyone has no side effects or just a few mild symptoms for a few days. Covid however, can do so much damage. I had a mild case in January and even that took me 2 months to get over!

I hope that helps. I'm not an expert on the science behind vaccines, but I've worked with some scientists recently and asked them lots of questions

Thread Information