I had a res swollen toe a few months ago, no pain. Took antibiotics but was also maybe gout but they just wanted to rule out infection. It kind of cleared out but never 100% so I went back to the doctor. The doc gave me more antibiotics and it is just not getting better. Got a xray on it and its fine, have had 3 blood tests to rule out infection. Toe is swollen and gets worst when sitting or standing still. There is also a rash that started by the toe but now its close to the leg which worries me. Went to ER and they also had no clue, also said maybe gout so I went to a rhematologist. She did not rule out gout but is also not sure what it is. I am so frustrated and a bit concerned that no one has a clue. I have a podiatrist appointment tomorrow to have someone elses eyes on it and someone who sees feet all the time but I am starting to think this is a blood flow problem. I do have high blood pressure but not to a level that I would think this would happen.

I am currently on steroids and they are doing a number on me, yesterday I almost lost it, anxiety shot through the roof, I was so tired but also energized at the same time, it was not fun and I wonder how people can sustain doing steroids for long periods of time.