Thread: Feeling like I am just an empty shell

Feeling like I am just an empty shell

Hi, my name is Larry & have been suffering from bad anxiety & depression. I was on 225 of Venlafaxine until three months ago as the med stopped working. My doc put me on Sertraline & I am now on 150mg. But I still have the anxiety & depression, most days I feel like I’m just a shell with nothing inside,also incredibly tired. Does anyone suffer these symptoms, & how long before the start working.
    thanks in advance

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Strat60 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Feeling like I am just an empty shell

Welcome to NMP: Strat60

I'm sorry you're still struggling while medicated. Everyone is different and not everyone reacts the same way so don't be afraid to ask your med provider if you feel you aren't benefiting from your current medication(s). It takes a while for the Zoloft to kick in, can take weeks. I was on that for years and it was helpful.

I know its hard to deal with that feeling on emptiness inside. Along with medication, therapy can be helpful, if you can't afford it, there are some good 'self help' tips out there by doing a web search and on youtube.

I hope this article hope you some and wishing you well.

~Sal

https://medium.com/becoming-you/how-to-transform-yourself-ccb8bd0a8ff4

Many thanks Sal

Re: Welcome to No More Panic!

Many thanks,Emmz,will do

Hi Larry, you're not alone in how you feel. This is an excellent site for information and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Strat60 View Post
    Hi, my name is Larry & have been suffering from bad anxiety & depression. I was on 225 of Venlafaxine until three months ago as the med stopped working. My doc put me on Sertraline & I am now on 150mg. But I still have the anxiety & depression, most days I feel like I’m just a shell with nothing inside,also incredibly tired. Does anyone suffer these symptoms, & how long before the start working.
    thanks in advance
    Hi Larry, I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. I too am suffering from debilitating anxiety and (to a lesser extent) depression that is secondary to constant anxiety. Mine seems to come and go. When I have an episode, like right now, I too feel like an empty shell. I am very tired and yet cannot sleep well due to internal agitation and anxiety.

I used to be on sertraline 150mcg years ago and that helped. But not all meds work for everyone. As I recall, I saw maximum improvement within 6 weeks. I'd say if you don't feel improvement by 8 weeks, you should talk to your doc about switching meds.

Many thanks

Thread Information