Thread: Breast Cancer Fear

Breast Cancer Fear

Hi

I was starting to move past some of my other health anxiety fears, but now this has cropped up. I'm 26 with no kids and definitely not pregnant. The other day I took my bra off and found a red patch on my right breast going onto the areola. It wasn't sore but was bright red. It's faded to like a slightly darker patch of skin now, but obviously I'm now terrified it's inflammatory breast cancer. With the lockdowns I've put some weight on and lost any muscle I had, so I've had stretch marks on the outside of my breasts, but this patch is on the inside of my right breast. Really panicking now. I noticed some tiny freckle like dots on the other breast and now I can't decide whether they've always been there or not.

I'm so anxious all the time lately. I feel like I'm going to die or get some horrible disease before I have a chance to go anywhere or do anything with my life. All I've done I've screwed up. I work in retail and yesterday I kept getting short of breath (like I wanted a deep breath and couldn't get it) which freaked me out too, but I've been having that on and off for weeks. I think that's either hayfever or acid reflux which I've been having repeatedly. I just feel like I'm falling apart.
    Any advice appreciated.

Re: Breast Cancer Fear

Still can't stop thinking about it. The red patch has gone mostly, it just looks like a really faint shadow there now - like slightly darker skin. My breasts do feel a bit tender, particularly the right one (it's always been bigger, more sensitive) but my period tracker says it's ovulation day. I can't stop worrying I have breast cancer.

Are you getting any help with your HA?

No, it comes and goes. Sometimes I'm fine for months but this has been hitting me a lot this year :/

It's been a tough year. It might be worth having a chat with your GP about it.

Back again. My anxiety keeps coming back and I just can't face going to a GP. I'd started moving on from my breast cancer fear but when I was getting changed this morning I bent over and noticed a dent in my right breast. It's not visible when I'm stood up or lift my arms, only when I really bend over.

It's set me off worrying again because my breasts feel tender too but it's around ovulation time.

Sorry if this is tmi but I really need to get it off my chest. My right breast has always been bigger than the left, I'd say at least a cup size. Everything on my right side seems bigger tbh, and on that side (the dent side) I have a chunk of underarm bulge. I used to go the gym a lot and while I was always overweight I wasn't as bad as I am since lockdown. I have back and side fat on both sides but right is way worse and has been for the last year or so. My bra can barely contain it.

Is it possible the dent is excess fat? It's sort of like a line rather than a hole. The skin in that area feels really loose and stretchy.

Also, does anyone else have uneven side boob? My right side is so much worse than the left. Left is a normal bulge but right is a lot of bulge

Thread Information