Thread: Pain, Pelvic floor therapy

Pain, Pelvic floor therapy

Well I guess some of my fears about my Pap smear were correct because it was really painful and we weren’t able to finish the exam, even with the smallest speculum. I felt really intense burning the second she inserted it. The doctor thought my muscles there are too tight and would benefit from pelvic floor physical therapy. We talked a bit about how I can’t even use tampons without pain which isn’t normal. And obviously sex would be painful. I was embarrassed but she was nice about it. I really feel like there’s something wrong with me though. I don’t know if I’m going to do the physical therapy or not because I hate going to the doctor and I have enough anxieties as it is. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Re: Pain, Pelvic floor therapy

I had a papsmear a month ago and had the same exact experience. I have issues wearing tampons too for the exact same reason. It hurts so bad. I still don't know why it hurts. I wish I did. I don't know if it is muscular or something to do with inflammation though, because as long as tampons are covered with plastic, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad. I get recurrent yeast infections and UTIs, so I honestly think my pain probably has something to do with that. Like bacterial/fungal overgrowth causing inflammation and tenderness. Not quite sure how to fix it, although I have heard cutting down on added sugars helps.

Then again, I have cerebral palsy, which makes quite a few of my muscles tighter than they are for the average person so idk.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I totally understand your experience. It sucks. I'm worried that I will never be able to have sex, although it's not a problem yet because I am single.

Re: Pain, Pelvic floor therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Librella View Post
    Well I guess some of my fears about my Pap smear were correct because it was really painful and we weren’t able to finish the exam, even with the smallest speculum. I felt really intense burning the second she inserted it. The doctor thought my muscles there are too tight and would benefit from pelvic floor physical therapy. We talked a bit about how I can’t even use tampons without pain which isn’t normal. And obviously sex would be painful. I was embarrassed but she was nice about it. I really feel like there’s something wrong with me though. I don’t know if I’m going to do the physical therapy or not because I hate going to the doctor and I have enough anxieties as it is. Has anyone else dealt with this?
    Sounds like vaginismus physical therapy and talking therapy can help. I have to use dilator to help with mine

Thread Information