Thread: Covid twice

Covid twice

Hi all. I hope you're all doing well. I've been in a much better place of late, helped no doubt by sertraline and cbt. However, here I am, starting to spiral... I've got covid for a second time (first time in December) which I caught from my son who has been ill for the past week. It was inevitable really due to him only being 10. He isolated as much as possible in is room but I was taking him food etc and I did the test on him. My daughter who is 4 has also developed symptoms. My spiral is due to being unvaccinated (stupid and I'm planning on booking my appointment as soon as I can). I'm back into the cycle of relentlessly googling and convincing myself this is going to kill me as my first infection was relatively mild. Was hoping for some stories of reassurance regarding people who had it twice? Am hoping I won't be judged too much regarding the vaccine, but I really have been terrified to take it.

Re: Covid twice

hi, i havent personally had it once but 2 or 3 in our work had it twice, 1st before vaccine and 2nd months later, (6+ months after vaccine as we work in care) they have said nothing much about it apart from 2nd time they were alot more tired but recovered far quicker

hope this helps a bit x

Thank you, that really has helped x

So much fear around this virus.. Will we eventually have to accept we will all have it once, twice or more? Maybe we'll get it every year like a cold.. I have to believe we are building more and more immunity to this virus at the ground level. Its no longer a "novel" virus, I believe our immune systems will recognize it and fight the bugger off.

Sooner or later we're going to have to accept that its not going away ever.. but I think it will get to the point where it doesn't have the same punch.

Feel better soon ox

Hello, I've had covid and am currently isolating due to one of my friends who I went on holiday with testing positive. I've tested negative so far but have read into it a bit and it seems highly likely that any subsequent cases will be mild. Try not to worry - you will definitely have some antibodies so your body will be able to fight it off!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Hello, I've had covid and am currently isolating due to one of my friends who I went on holiday with testing positive. I've tested negative so far but have read into it a bit and it seems highly likely that any subsequent cases will be mild. Try not to worry - you will definitely have some antibodies so your body will be able to fight it off!
    Yeah, Covid-lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yeah, Covid-lite.
    I like that!!

Thread Information