Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still have nausea, and horrible empty gnawing worried to take meds :(

Still have nausea, and horrible empty gnawing worried to take meds :(

Hi everyone.
    so I went to see the gastroenterologist yesterday. His bedside manner was atrocious and i felt he was judging me on my anxiety. Basically he said that i can have an endoscopy (which i am terrified about and he did not offer me any reassurance at all). I then suggested to him i try Lansoprazole (i already tried Omeprazole and it made me really panicky and felt weird) for a couple of weeks to see if my symptoms settled. He just went along with it really. My bloods are all good, he said my stomach felt fine and his words were. 'I can do an endoscopy but i dont think i will find anything, although i cant promise that , so it is up to you'. I am still feeling nauseous (is this anxiety or something else) and this horrible severe hunger pain which isnt resolved by eating for very long before i get it again. I have never felt so low with anxiety I live on my own and dont know where to turn with all of this :(

Re: Still have nausea, and horrible empty gnawing worried to take meds :(

I meant to say that i have read from the reviews of other people that Lansoprazole can make you feel dizzy and weird and other things as well so I am so anxious to take it. I feel like my family are getting impatient with me and that i am getting on everyones nerves with my anxiety.. :(

To be honest with you anxiety effects my digestive system terribly. When I'm at my worst I can't eat. Or as I have been today when I'm not great but able to function relatively normally but know the anxiety is there I have an empty feeling where I have to keep eating. I know it's nothing wrong it's just how the anxiety is affecting me today.

Coincidentally I'm also on lansoprazone too. I have a hiatus hernia so have a lot of problems with reflux. When my anxiety is bad this plays up too (also when I eat/drink certain foods/drinks). I've never had any problems with lansoprazone - unless I stop taking it and then I have gut ache. I've never had dizziness or felt weird with it. I would think those symptoms were more connected to anxiety. I've also been on omeprazole but it wasn't as effective as lansoprazone for me.

I've had a couple of endoscopys too. Once was just to check that I didn't have anything else going on after an ultrasound sound showed gallstones and once when I had pancreatitis when they went in that way to stretch my bile duct. They're not fun but I had sedation which made it a whole lot easier.

You’ve made quite a few threads about this. Did you receive any helpful advice from them?

I’ve had similar. I watched what food I ate, took omeprazole and gaviscon until it got better. It gets bad again when I’m very stressed or eat poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and thank you so much for your helpful response i do appreciate it so much.. HA is so crippling isnt it and i also seemed to have developed a phobia around medications now also which is so difficult when i know i need to try something.. That is the same as me the feeling that you need to keep eating as you feel empty that horrible severe hunger pang which is painful and then if you keep eating then feel bloated! I am really hoping that Lansoprazole works for me. I am putting the endoscopy on the back burner for the moment to see if these meds work. I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced I really hope you are feeling better now. Isnt it awful how anxiety can affect your body in this way, it is so cruel and debilitating..

Sorry, I meant to say Catkins that response was meant for you

Are you anxious about your symptoms and what they might be - or the procedure of the endoscopy?
    Your symptoms sound like anxiety - or, at worst, an ulcer or gastritis. Have you had a test for h pylori?

Hi Jo jo thank you for your reply I am anxious about what is causing the issues but I am terrified of having an endoscopy i cant even begin to tell you how much it freaks me out.. Do you think it is anxiety, the gnawing empty feeling that can be very painful searing through you, nausea and bloating. I have had a test for h pylori a stool sample and it was negative, my bloods were all good also. I guess if it is an ulcer or gastritis i am on the right medication do you think being Lansoprazole? I had to be brave and take one this morning, i also have a phobia around medication what an absolute car crash I am :( x

Hi, just wanted to offer a bit of reassurance re endoscopy procedure as I had one last Oct. I too was terrified of the actual procedure but I have to say it was absolutely fine. The worse bit was them spraying a tiny bit of numbing liquid on mummy throat. I choose to have a sedation and it really worked! I felt so relaxed and by the time I knew it, it was done. So quick. Also the people doing the endoscopy are used to people being anxious about it so do their best to relax you x

* my

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information