Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting on my street

Shooting on my street

Last night, around 1am, somebody was shot at the end of my road. I heard it, but Mr. Iris and I convinced ourselves it was fireworks even though I kind of knew it wasn't.

I heard somebody being shot.

Not sure how I feel, other than shaky and really, really not good.

Re: Shooting on my street

Oh no, that's awful. I think it would completely throw me.

Do everything you normally do to calm and reassure yourself, don't look for answers, you've had a hell of a shock and it'll probably take a while for it to sink in.

You believe you heard a gun fire, but did you HEAR human voices? Have there been similar incidents before in your community?
    It would seem particularly scary after the incident in Plymouth!

Lucinda, yes, and yes. There were several hundred people in the little car park opposite us, it was going on from about 9pm and I was woken up by the sound of explosions at 1am. Our road was cordoned off for most of the day.

We live in a very rough area, there's been gunfire before and at least one fatal stabbing.

It sounds frightening! So many people congregating in the carpark until the early hours!
    Well, you & your husband, & home are safe. (no mention of pets). It is a shock - so try to calm yourself as much as possible & be vigilant in the next few days. Finances permitting, you may wish to plan to move to a quieter area in the future.

If it was a shooting, I hope it was purely coincidental and not a 'copycat' of Plymouth.

I feel for you and your OH, BlueIris.

Do you live in, or in close proximity to a major city, if you don't mind me asking?

Please don't worry about this, Lenco, I live on a particularly rough estate on the outskirts of a large city. This sort of thing happens here from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Please don't worry about this, Lenco, I live on a particularly rough estate on the outskirts of a large city. This sort of thing happens here from time to time.
    Obviously to be expected in pretty much all big cities every now and then, especially the 'rougher' and more deprived parts.

Glad you and your OH are both OK though.

On the other hand, I bet you're glad the national media haven't made a big issue of it in the same way as last night's Plymouth shooting, and of course virtually every stabbing that occurs within the Gtr London area these days.

I'm really sorry to hear this Blue Iris. That must be very anxiety inducing to hear that when its relatively close to you.

Lenco, I'm afraid the media are likely to report indiscriminate shootings like those in Plymouth, I personally find them quite chilling in the way a certain personality type can explode into such terrible violence. Fortunately they are still rare in the UK.

Stay safe both of you. Living in such a rough area must be very stressful. I hope you find a way out of there to somewhere more peaceful. Living watching your back is hard for anyone let alone with anxiety issues.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information