Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling with heart worries

ECG non specific st-t wave changes - heart worries

Since I was 21 I had an ECG that has said non specific st-t waves changes and I only had a stress test once when I was 21. (Is it normal to have that on every ECG)

Recently I looked at an ECG I had in 2018 and it said possible left atrial enlargement. Never knew that until now. They also did a chest x ray and it was normal. Other blood heart test and was all normal. Normal blood work from the hospital twice last week not as specific but d dimer and proBNP which was 66 and that was normal.

Now searching relentlessly on google it has come up with so many bad things that it could possibly be including an aortic aneurysm and I can feel a pulse near my belly button but I’m probably overthinking that. One specific thing I have been tracking my heart rate and every time I stand I get high spikes in heart rate doing the littlest movement it jumps up.

Idk if I am overthinking everything to the point of making my heart race and jump up and down. I’m sick with worry and just needing to hear if anyone else has had or having similar experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ECG non specific st-t wave changes - heart worries

There are numerous root causes of this anomaly on an ECG, many of them harmless. It sounds like the doctor(s) have already done what is needed to rule out many or all specific conditions. These anomalies on an ECG alone do not indicate a specific problem, hence it's "nonspecific". It's up to the provider to determine root cause. If they can't find any, it's likely (IMO) due to some odd but harmless thing.

Re: ECG non specific st-t wave changes - heart worries

There's a lot of 'normal' in your post

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Struggling with heart worries

So I went to the hospital for the third time because I couldn’t handle my heart beating so fast any time I tried to do anything especially in the morning. Had another work up with another iv. ECG said st wave change abnormal. Looked that up and found not so great things about it. Had a chest x ray and it said my heart is normal size and contour. Doctor ran other blood work and said that he is 99.9% sure that my heart is perfect. A little fast but perfect. He said to see a cardiologist and have a holter monitor for that 1% to make sure and reassurance for myself. I feel crazy at this point. Can worrying so much about your heart really cause it to rise to much?

Yesterday I seen my GP who literally wanted to dismiss me after I waited almost 40 minutes to be seen after my appointment time. My heart was 140 there and do you feel anxious I said all the time. And he said I’m going to refer to cardiologist to get holter to make sure you don’t have an electrical problem with your heart. I started crying and said do you really think that something is wrong with my heart. He said your heart rate is fast and you said you’re not really anxious. I said what? I said I am. I’m stressed. I haven’t slept much in the last 2 months. I’m in a long distance relationship and don’t want to move across the US away from my family. We have 2 new puppies that I was up with for the last few months. I’m more tired than anything and when I sleep it’s not much. I feel weak a lot of the time. My left side always feels strange almost like my pulse is weaker on that side but I don’t think it is.

After crying and spilling my guts. He says there you go that has a lot to do with your heart rate. I’m going to give you buspirone. 5 mg 3x a day. Scared to take that. Has anyone had success with this? He said just see the cardiologist but I’m certain that it has everything to do with your anxiety and life right now.

Re: Struggling with heart worries

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Struggling with heart worries

I've had buspirone before (about 22 years ago). I think that it helped with anxiety at the time.

To be honest with everything that is going on and all the anxiety you're putting yourself through worrying about your heart I'm not surprised your heart rate is up, but remember because you're hypersensitive about feeling it you feel it way more.

From the sound of it you've latched onto that small percentage that there might be a chance there is something wrong with your heart and forgotten about everything that was right with it.

Try the medication, see the cardiologist and try and get some help to tackle your HA.

Re: Heart worry

Honestly I check my heart rate almost constantly all day long. I don’t sleep well and feel weak so I’m pretty sure I’ve just run myself so deep into the ground with worry about everything and need to learn how to relax and come out of this. I had this years ago something similar and had really bad depersonalization and managed to come out of it never had a much of a work up on my heart neither and I’m still here. Thanks for the advise.

Re: Heart worry

Is the weak feeling in my muscles from not moving a lot and not getting enough sleep and worrying? I feel like it takes so much effort to do anything anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information