Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My sister has COVID

My sister has COVID

Hi everyone,

So my sister tested positive for COVID.

She lives in the same house as me and is isolating upstairs in her room, but she was downstairs this morning before she got the positive result so everywhere could be contaminated.

I took the test and it says I don't have it, but naturally I'm terrified anyway.

I've ordered some hand sanitizer and extra bleach wipes and I'll be only leaving my bedroom to go to toilet... but I feel like it's gonna catch up with me and I'm gonna die, and my family might die too.

I'm only 20-years-old but there are so many stories about young people dying from it. I was supposed to be getting my first jab on Monday but now obviously I've had to cancel.

Re: My sister has COVID

Hello,

Sorry to hear this. Its easier said than done, but try not to worry!

First, it is very very unusual for 20 year olds to get seriously ill with covid. I am 28 and had it in January, it wasn't nice but I am fine now.

Second, you don't know that you have definitely caught it in the first place. A similar thing happened to my friend recently - she tested postive after spending the evening with her family, and none of them caught it.

I am currently in 10 day isolation after going on holiday with a group of friends and one of them tested postive on the last day. I've tested negative the whole time, as has everyone apart from one (out of five of us).

If you're isolating now, that's all you can do. If you do catch it, it is very likely to be mild. Keep testing over the next few days, you will get through this! A week ago I was so anxious after being in contact with my friend but I kept busy and it went quicker than I thought it would. Keep us updated here, we can help you through it!

My husband had covid and I was convinced I had it as well - I was in the same room as him up until we knew, I even had symptoms (a poorly timed sinus infection I think)

As soon as we found out, he isolated and I opened all the windows / wiped all the surfaces and I didnt catch it as far as I know - my anitbodies test came back negative a few weeks after.

Please try not to panic - my niece had covid as well and she was your age and was just tired / stayed in bed. I know that's not much help when you're anxious but it would really be very rare for someone age 20 to be very unwell with it.

Are you able to keep busy? Stay in your room as much as you can and maytbe take LFTS daily to keep your mind at rest.

Toby, first think why there are so many stories of twenty year olds dying and consider the actual figures. Why aren't they reporting all the older people dying from it all the time through the pandemic? Isn't that just typical media scaremongering?

Even if you do get it the likelihood is just a rough week.

How is your sister doing? And are you worried about your mum?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies - Elizabeth, I'm glad you're okay now, and Squishchips, I'm glad your husband and niece have recovered.

Terry, my sister seems fine, but she's double jabbed. My mum hasn't tested positive for it but she's fine too. Are the odds still in my favor even though I haven't been vaccinated? A part of me is really scared about that

I just took a test and it looks like it might be a very, very weak positive - there's definitely an incredibly faint line next to the "T": https://imgur.com/a/J1hfJi8

Now that I think about it, I do feel slightly sick and I have a mild headache.

Guess I'll have to order a PCR test to be sure...

I know it's unlikely for a 20-year-old to die from it but I still can't help but feel like my life is on the line
    Last edited by Toby2000; 16-08-21 at 15:58.

from what i can see of the uploaded pic i would say deffinately negative, try not to worry please toby

I can't see a line on the picture either Toby.

The line is there, it's just very, very faint, so I guess a very weak positive result

I ordered a PCR test but in the meantime, this whole thing is frustrating

Toby have you been vaxxed? I’m sorry if I missed that somewhere.
    Edit - I see that you were due your first jab but had to Cancel.

even if you aren’t vaxxed, at your age, I’m sure you will be just fine.

Toby, I'm glad your sister is ok.

I asked about your mum because we've seen how much you've worried about her health in the past. I was wondering if your anxiety was latching on to her too. I'm glad it isn't as it's one less battle.

Look to what the medical experts have been telling us all along. This virus has been hitting older people, people with certain types of pre existing conditions and obesity problems. If it had been causing disproportionate levels of harm in younger generations they would be saying that.

You're fit & healthy. You're young. So you're very low risk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information