Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: nausea feeling

nausea feeling

I am going into the rabbit hole.

I am worried about my feeling of nausea

I am scared this is a symptom of a heart attack

cancer (brain tumour, and 20 other types of cancers, stomach, bowel, pancreatic, throat, oesophagus .

dental infection/gum

As I was nearly sick last week eating something.

I am only 37 and I don't smoke and drink.

I know anxiety is a beast, my arm /shoulder feels a lot better now. but still worried that this is lung cancer, (as I have been googling) with referred pain /interprets pain coming from somewhere else

I have been going back to group sessions which has helped a little

i am eating okay

I don't know whether tiredness can cause nausea or worrying too much, too much time on the computer

It is every symptom I get I panic
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 16-08-21 at 11:04.

Re: nausea feeling

Hi Unsure,i am SURE that nausea is a very common symptom of anxiety,i think most on here would agree on that.
    It is part of the symptoms of panic that you describe along with tiredness.
    If you do not mind me asking how do you find group sessions and how often do you meet?
    Best wishes to you Gizmo

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo1946 View Post
    Hi Unsure,i am SURE that nausea is a very common symptom of anxiety,i think most on here would agree on that.
    It is part of the symptoms of panic that you describe along with tiredness.
    If you do not mind me asking how do you find group sessions and how often do you meet?
    Best wishes to you Gizmo
    Thanks we meet up once a week for a couple of hours, the in person sessions have only been starting up again since May this year. we do have sessions online once per week.

I think the tiredness is mainly down to the worrying about my symptoms all the time , but worry tiredness could equal cancer, but I am not wanting naps during the day.

I do go for brain scans due to my NF condition.

I have had nausea on and off the last 8 years, I have not thrown up, since 2019 when there was a stomach bug going around.

Do you think the meet ups help you?I once wrote a post on here about group sessions but i did not get a very good response.
    I have suffered h/a for a long time,and i cant thank my wife enough for helping me.However h/a is very difficult to understand if you do not have it.
    Would you mind me joining your online group.I really want to be in touch with people like me.Have you had h/a a long time?all the things you wrote that you worry about so do i ,it seems to be a vicious circle one thing goes for a while to be replaced by something else,i worry everyday.
    Gizmo

110% tiredness and nausea are both very common symptoms of anxiety that I get frequently.

I hope you are able to get some help/support in group.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by unsure_about_this View Post
    I am going into the rabbit hole.
    You're thinking your way down the rabbit hole, and you need to think your way back out again..

Nausea is one of THE MOST COMMON SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY. I've had nausea so bad due to my anxiety that I couldn't eat anything aside Complans and soup, and that was simply a case of getting something inside me. I had no appetite whatsoever. I felt so sick that I was retching all the time. At home, in the doctors surgery (I was given a bowl to be sick into once) and in the street. At my worst with this symptom, I was drinking ginger tea all day and wearing anti-sickness bands on my wrists. Do not underestimate anxiety with this symptom!

Quite simply, it's fight or flight. Because you are SO ANXIOUS, your body is constantly in parasympathetic mode (fight or flight) so imagine how your body feels when you step out into the road and have a near miss with a car? Your heart races, your stomach lurches - you feel sick, right? In non-anxious people this normal response calms down quite quickly once the danger has passed - not so with anxiety. It's there constantly. The fight or flight never gets to stand down and your body is flooded with stress hormones and stress directly affects the digestive system. This is why you feel sick all the time, and because you are fearing this symptom - you are making the issue far worse than it needs to be..

Ginger tea is fabulous for nausea. It works. Try it.

What you don't do is fear this symptom. This is just your body trying to protect you with the fight or flight response because that's what's there for. It's just that your brain doesn't know the difference between a real danger and an imagined one. Fear is the key word here because people who don't have HA will see a spot on their @rse and not freak out. It's a spot. Spots are normal. EVerybody has them at some time. HAers, however, will see a spot on their @rse and diagnose themselves terminally ill within a few seconds of clapping eyes on the blighter. They will receive a massive shot of adrenalin which is to be expected with fear, and there will most likely be some kind of panic attack. And by the way, the part in your brain which is responsible for phobias (amygdala) is taking notes - to the point that you can be seeing someone in the street or on TV who has a spot and you will experience a panic attack!

It's like this. I had REALLY bad anxiety as a kid too and one day my parents took me to London. I had baked beans for my lunch and promptly threw up. For years after I couldn't look or smell a baked bean without feeling sick. My stomach would lurch and I would have to fight the nausea. It's a conditioned fear response. This is the amygdala in action. And this is how we develop phobias. You are conditioning yourself to react fearfully to every symptom and sensation in your body...

It's all very simple when you understand what's going on..

So what you do is to do things to alleviate this symptom which I've already explained to you. The ginger REALLY WORKS. When this symptom comes on - acknowledge it - but don't add fear to it because that only releases the hormones which will keep this symptom going. You tell yourself that, yes, this feels unpleasant, but it's not harming you, and it will pass. Eat little and often. If you can't face proper meals try nutritious soups.

Believe it or not, as crap as this feels right now, your body is working perfectly. Remember: real or imagined - it doesn't know the difference. It's just trying to keep you alive. It's working overtime and deserves some recognition for being excellent, don't you think?

Maybe you need to see whether you could have 1:1 sessions instead of group work, Phil? Is your key worker aware of how bad your HA is at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe you need to see whether you could have 1:1 sessions instead of group work, Phil? Is your key worker aware of how bad your HA is at the moment?
    My key worker is probably not aware how bad my HA is aware at the moment, I only had two phone calls with him so far

I have even been in touch with the samaritans and I am worried about every symptom i get is cancer

I am drained off energy because I am so worried about my health 24/7, which is making me feel tired, but not wanting to take naps during the day. which makes me think that I have something serious wrong with me.

I got myself in a state, as I am worried that nausea = brain cancer, and my shoulder/arm pain = lung cancer as I read that it could be a nerve pressing against my shoulder ,

My parents keeping telling me there is nothing wrong with me.

I am panicing 24/7

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information