Hi all,
Early on this year I had a 3-month long nasty chesty cough (looking back it was probably something like bronchitis). My gp ordered some blood tests as it went on for so long. The only thing that turned up in the blood tests was a slightly elevated ALT value. They suggested waiting for a month and repeating the test, which I did. The value had gone down but it was still slightly high. I should probably mention that I am normal weight, I don't drink or smoke, I have a healthy diet and I exercise regularly.

This time they ordered further blood tests to check some things like ferritin and a liver ultrasound scan. The further blood tests luckily came back normal, I had the liver/kidney ultrasound done last week and because i was freaking out so much during the procedure I asked the technician if everything looked normal, they said yes it's all fine and that they'll send the results to my gp.

However today I received a letter form my gp to book a 'non-urgent appointment' about my scan results. I am totally freaking out and I'm unable to understand why they would send this letter after the technician said it was fine? Also there is still not an explanation to why my ALT results were elevated. On top of this I am 14 weeks pregnant and I am worried that whatever this is, it may have a negative impact on the baby. I have managed to bring my appointment from the usual 3 week wait to 10 days as I told the receptionist that I am pregnant and very worried but I am still unable to relax.

It is very unsettling to know that my result is out there but I am unable to see it for 10+ days and do something about it. I have checked the NHS app but it just says 'US abdominal test' and doesn't say anything about the result.

Am I right in worrying here or am I just blowing this whole thing out of proportion? It has been going on for so long with these various 'non-urgent' appointment letters I've been getting that I'm worried something big and important is going to get missed and will be allowed to fester and potentially hurt the baby.
Please can someone give me some words of wisdom?
Thanks in advance

(just moved it to the correct location as I had posted it under wrong section)