Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

  1. #1

    Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    Since January Iíve been having a lot of stomach issues. I can admit I seem to of become fixated on my bowel as I constantly check my stool with a flashlight for any signs of blood or changes. I often see red bits/black bits in my poo and at times it has actually turned out to be food. I have also had slight specks of blood on the tissue after I wipe. I get awful stomach aches occasionally and at the moment I am currently having lower left abdomen pain near the pelvic area and have once again noticed some red in my poo. I have had a calproctin stool sample done which came back negative and I have also had a fit sample done which also came back negative and a full blood count and the only thing that came back on that was low b12 however I have seen various things online that state that people have had these tests and they came back negative but then it turned out they had cancer. This freaks me out and makes me think I maybe have it. Iím 21 years old and the doctor seems to think itís just IBS but Iíve also heard stories of doctors brushing cancer off as ibs with young people. My head is in an awful state 😭 I also have weird noises coming from my belly all the time so loud

  2. #2

    Blood in poo & lower left abdomen pain

    Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain
    Since January Iíve been having a lot of stomach issues. I can admit I seem to of become fixated on my bowel as I constantly check my stool with a flashlight for any signs of blood or changes. I often see red bits/black bits in my poo and at times it has actually turned out to be food. I have also had slight specks of blood on the tissue after I wipe. I get awful stomach aches occasionally and at the moment I am currently having lower left abdomen pain near the pelvic area and have once again noticed some red in my poo. I have had a calproctin stool sample done which came back negative and I have also had a fit sample done which also came back negative and a full blood count and the only thing that came back on that was low b12 however I have seen various things online that state that people have had these tests and they came back negative but then it turned out they had cancer. This freaks me out and makes me think I maybe have it. Iím 21 years old and the doctor seems to think itís just IBS but Iíve also heard stories of doctors brushing cancer off as ibs with young people. My head is in an awful state 😭 I also have weird noises coming from my belly all the time so loud

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    1,305

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    Not an expert, but to me it does sound like IBS.

    Have you discussed with your GP the anxiety surrounding this?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    45,770

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    Hi

    This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

    Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.


    It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.
    __________________
    Nicola

    ďDon't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.Ē - Natalie Babbitt

    Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate




  5. #5

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Not an expert, but to me it does sound like IBS.

    Have you discussed with your GP the anxiety surrounding this?
    Hi yes I think my GP is very aware itís causing me anxiety. Iíve spoke to so many different doctors & the last one I spoke to told me to stop checking after I go and itís hard for me to try and not analyse😑 Sometimes I feel like I could have IBS but I donít always have symptoms of it so unless itís something that can come & go then Iím unsure.. the blood is my main concern really although I have done the samples!! GP thinks it could be internal hems although I have no pain with it when I go and not actually had an examination down there!! Iím getting myself worked up with symptoms thinking everything is bowel cancer and that itís spread through my body because the doctors donít think it is and the doctor said because my samples are negative the hospital might not think I am suitable for a colonoscopy.

  6. #6

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    I also dread going to the toilet. Every day is a constant worry when I need a poo as I worry about how itís going to look how it will feel and will there be blood. Itís driving me insane. I wake up every day feeling like Iím going to die as the bowel cancer will spread. I am on mebeverine although I donít think itís ibs 😫😫 I just feel like the doctors are saying that because Iím young even though thereís possibly blood.. pains across my belly acid reflux burning in stomach occasionally and now back pain !!

  7. #7

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    Quote Originally Posted by HA200021 View Post
    I also dread going to the toilet. Every day is a constant worry when I need a poo as I worry about how itís going to look how it will feel and will there be blood. Itís driving me insane. I wake up every day feeling like Iím going to die as the bowel cancer will spread. I am on mebeverine although I donít think itís ibs 😫😫 I just feel like the doctors are saying that because Iím young even though thereís possibly blood.. pains across my belly acid reflux burning in stomach occasionally and now back pain !!
    Just went to the toilet no blood was present but again there was slight black bits barely visible unless flash light shon on it which I assume is leafy foods(I hope). Now Iím bothered about the shape it was like a normal log shape but it was flattish and not rounded and it also felt like I still had something to push out after I finished and I did manage to get the rest out and when I looked it was extremely thin bits. I heard thin bits itís a sign of bowel cancer ):

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    Quote Originally Posted by HA200021 View Post
    Just went to the toilet no blood was present but again there was slight black bits barely visible unless flash light shon on it which I assume is leafy foods(I hope). Now Iím bothered about the shape it was like a normal log shape but it was flattish and not rounded and it also felt like I still had something to push out after I finished and I did manage to get the rest out and when I looked it was extremely thin bits. I heard thin bits itís a sign of bowel cancer ):
    Poo varies and thin stools is also common with IBS and can be down to lack of fibre. If thin stools are due to something causing an obstruction in your colon, then I imagine this would happen every time you go for a poo? Unless cancer takes holidays?

    Black bits in poo can be a symptom of cancer or infection, yes, but it's most likely due to the food you've eaten, Seeds, dark green veg, coffee, berries - all appear in poo as black specks. Seeing as your FIT and Calprotectin tests both came back negative - I would dismiss the 'bleeding' theory..

    Put the torch back in the cupboard. Stop prodding at your poo. Dump, wipe, flush, and go.
    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

  9. #9

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Poo varies and thin stools is also common with IBS and can be down to lack of fibre. If thin stools are due to something causing an obstruction in your colon, then I imagine this would happen every time you go for a poo? Unless cancer takes holidays?

    Black bits in poo can be a symptom of cancer or infection, yes, but it's most likely due to the food you've eaten, Seeds, dark green veg, coffee, berries - all appear in poo as black specks. Seeing as your FIT and Calprotectin tests both came back negative - I would dismiss the 'bleeding' theory..

    Put the torch back in the cupboard. Stop prodding at your poo. Dump, wipe, flush, and go.
    Thank you! Like I literally know all this but my damn mind and health anxiety honestly tries to tell me differently. Like I donít want to look but Iím scared if I donít Iíll miss seeing blood (cause I have seen red in it a few times) and cause Iím not looking it is getting worse😑🙃 also Iíve literally slept since my last BM but for some reason I still feel uncomfortable from it my belly hurts a little bit and my bum feels weird like I still have to go itís honestly the most uncomfortable feeling itís honestly like every time I go I always still feel it after Iíve been😑 Got another doctor appointment on Tuesday and definitely going to let them know more about the anxiety side of it and the trouble it is causing me.

  10. #10

    Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

    So another thing. I donít know whether this is ibs related or what but I always get these weird twinges in my lower left abdomen like it can literally last not even a second. Or if I move to lay on my side or stretch Iíll feel it. Even when I breath in I feel a fullness sensation in my lower left side.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sharp pain off and on lower abdomen left side
    By soscared2 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-20, 22:14
  2. Lump in lower left abdomen - stool or intestines?
    By kansas2015 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-09-16, 09:17
  3. Change in stool and lower abdomen pain ...
    By Smalldude in forum IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-04-14, 00:13
  4. pain in my lower left abdomen
    By kathyanne in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-01-11, 01:02
  5. HA bad again. Pain in lower left abdomen.
    By the_nub in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-05-09, 20:06

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •