Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

So it’s currently half one in the morning and the reason I am up is obviously because of my stomach! So about 3 hours ago my belly started hurting and I needed to go but couldn’t go at the time so I just kept holding on. So now I have just been and it was like literal mush😭 when I wiped it was watery and there was literally loads of tiny black specks almost like pepper and there was also loads of red specks just like the same as the black. So I’m paranoid because of the way the stool looked and how once again I have diarreah and I am also paranoid about the black specks and the red specks ! Why can’t this just end I am still so certain that this is cancer! I can’t sleep as all I have on my mind now is complete and utter worry!

Hi I’m back & fed up with the stomach issues..
    Still convinced I have bowel cancer since January! Every time I use the toilet and have a BM it always feels like there’s something stuck and I need to strain and my head says it’s a tumour. I also have seen tiny red flecks on the tissue (no streaks) flecks but I haven’t eaten anything red.i don’t look at the stool when I go so I don’t know if there’s been blood in that or not. I have stomach ache nearly every day and can go from constipation to loose stools within days. Don’t think I have had a normal in ages as there’s always something stuck and it just makes me stressed about going. Even when I have been my anal area always feels Uncomfortable as if I still have to go. I must have BC else I wouldn’t of worried about it since January it’s just not normal to worry about something for so long if you haven’t got it so I must have it!!

Have you seen a doctor?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I also sent you a PM if you could look at that please. Thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yep been doctors so many times they all say IBS.

Hi there
    I had same worries as you. Had lower left abdomen pain and constipation and red stools

They did a colonoscopy and various transit tests

Diagnosis : slow transit constipation and anismus. No polyps or cancer

Don't worry about it.

Hi , continuing this forum as now the doctors have finally started to take me seriously. The past two weeks I had the strangest flare up of bad bowel movements, one week I just had urgent loose stools and then the week after I kept needing to go but when I went it was like something was stopping the stool from coming out - like an overflow diarreah type of feeling as all I was passing was tiny bits of liquid and bits of stool. Anyway I saw quite a bit of blood on the stool (very very prominent blood nothing I have seen in my poo before) and I went to the doctors who did a rectal exam and couldn’t find or feel anything and also felt my belly and said it felt soft. I had to do another calprotectin test ( did one last year which was normal) and I’ve found out today it’s come back high and I’m being referred to gastro for suspected IBD. My mind is literally all over the place cause I’m still 100% sure it’s cancer else why would it be so high? The doctors don’t think it is , but however they won’t know anything till a colonoscopy is done and I know deep down it isn’t ibd it’s definitely cancer and the wait to be referred it’s going to kill my health anxiety , I’m in pieces thinking about it😔 by the way my bowel movements have now sort of gone back to normal , no more urgency? So I don’t understand at all what it could be that’s made it high! I just can’t see it being IBD.

Quote Originally Posted by HA200021 View Post
    by the way my bowel movements have now sort of gone back to normal
    Cancer does not come and go.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I now have to have a colonoscopy, I am so scared. They think it could be IBD because of my high calprotectin results. I’m terrified of it being that as I have read you’ll need to have a stoma bag and I really don’t want that to happen. I feel fine at the moment and haven’t seen blood since March.. just terrified for the colonoscopy and the prep beforehand can anyone tell me what it’s like ?

Hi! I finally have some answers… Had my colonoscopy yesterday & he told me that everything looked normal , no crohns or UC or Cancer…(I don’t know whether I’m imagining him telling me this as I was so sedated so it’s all confusing to me and doesn’t feel real) anyway they took some biopsies and now that’s what I’m worried about cause if everything looked normal then why have I had biopsy’s taken and have to have a follow up in 4 weeks?? I guess I should be happy he said it’s normal but I just don’t get the biopsy part to it… I actually hate my health anxiety so much.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information