Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Quote Originally Posted by HA200021 View Post
    So another thing. I don’t know whether this is ibs related or what but I always get these weird twinges in my lower left abdomen like it can literally last not even a second. Or if I move to lay on my side or stretch I’ll feel it. Even when I breath in I feel a fullness sensation in my lower left side.
    Like right now I’m laying down and I’ll move and get like shooting pain in my lower left side or when I stretch it feels like there’s something in my upper left closer to the bottom and I’m worried it’s a tumour😫

Thank you! Like I literally know all this but my damn mind and health anxiety honestly tries to tell me differently.
    HA is an exceptionally good liar. Utterly convincing!

Like I don’t want to look but I’m scared if I don’t I’ll miss seeing blood (cause I have seen red in it a few times)
    I see red in my poo every time I eat tomatoes, and that's just a cursory glance as I fling the loo roll in..

but for some reason I still feel uncomfortable from it my belly hurts a little bit and my bum feels weird like I still have to go it’s honestly the most uncomfortable feeling it’s honestly like every time I go I always still feel it after I’ve been Got another doctor appointment on Tuesday and definitely going to let them know more about the anxiety side of it and the trouble it is causing me.
    You will feel uncomfortable with IBS. And because you are so anxious your body will be hyper-stimulated which is down to the stress hormones you're constantly releasing. This means that you feel those normal fight or flight symptoms and any other symptoms more intensely and any slight deviation from your 'norm' will be a massive deal to you. That's how health anxiety works..

woke up with stomach ache this morning and knew it was because I need the toilet so I went and it was quite hard to push out. About half an hour later I get extreme irritation in my stomach and back passage and end up going again and it’s loose): right now I can still feel something but I don’t want to have to go again cause I hate when it’s loose as one of the symptoms of BC is change in bowel habits.. Quick question regarding that would change in bowel habits mean like having diarreah or constipation 24/7 without any end to it or does it mean occasional loose poo as sometimes I’ll have loose poo for a few days and then it will go back normalish?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    HA is an exceptionally good liar. Utterly convincing!

God tell me about it!!!! Literally have a fear of going for a poo these days. I even count how many times I’ve been in a week and if it’s been over two days start worrying and stressing !! Ughh

I see red in my poo every time I eat tomatoes, and that's just a cursory glance as I fling the loo roll in..
    Glad I’m not the only one I do tend to see peppers quite often but what worries me is when I see the red when I’ve not had anything red in a few days!

You will feel uncomfortable with IBS. And because you are so anxious your body will be hyper-stimulated which is down to the stress hormones you're constantly releasing. This means that you feel those normal fight or flight symptoms and any other symptoms more intensely and any slight deviation from your 'norm' will be a massive deal to you. That's how health anxiety works..
    It’s the worst and I really hope it’s IBS which I have I mean I rather not have any at all but the fear of bowel cancer is on my mind 24/7. Doesn’t help thag both my grandparents have had it ( 50 and 70 when diagnosed though).

Another question.... everyone seems to associate IBS with pain sharp pain. I don’t get these I just get like an urgency to go to the toilet in both my back passage and my abdomen and it’s like a really irritated feeling not so much painful could this still be IBS? Also I’m worrying as I’ve been to the toilet three times today which isn’t normal for me and just triggers my health anxiety the first was hard to get out and the second two times Have felt so loose (I haven’t looked as I’m trying not too)😫 just going off the feeling.
    Last edited by HA200021; 21-08-21 at 23:12.

It’s the worst and I really hope it’s IBS which I have I mean I rather not have any at all but the fear of bowel cancer is on my mind 24/7. Doesn’t help thag both my grandparents have had it ( 50 and 70 when diagnosed though).
    Yup. It's reproductive cancers a plenty in my case. Great-grandmothers, aunties - mother. Can't change that fact. But their story isn't my story. There are the medical improvements for a start, and my proactiveness in getting checked out when needs be. I'm aware of it, and I need to be, but I no longer fixate on it or imagine myself having those cancers..

P.s, my aunty had bowel cancer in her 50s and she lived to be 93.

Another question.... everyone seems to associate IBS with pain sharp pain. I don’t get these I just get like an urgency to go to the toilet in both my back passage and my abdomen and it’s like a really irritated feeling not so much painful could this still be IBS? Also I’m worrying as I’ve been to the toilet three times today which isn’t normal for me and just triggers my health anxiety the first was hard to get out and the second two times Have felt so loose (I haven’t looked as I’m trying not too) just going off the feeling.
    I get a very dull pain with mine - left side. I do get pain on the right side when I've been at the pulses, and it feels 'crampy'.

I also get a 'pressure' feeling in the bum and sometimes this radiates through to my lady bits. It can be down to the pelvic nerves down there and also the fact that I have an internal pile.

It's common to go to the loo numerous times a day with IBS, therefore it's common sense that the colon (and bumhole) will feel irritated (clue's in the name, right?)

Still sounding remarkably like IBS to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I get a very dull pain with mine - left side. I do get pain on the right side when I've been at the pulses, and it feels 'crampy'.

I also get a 'pressure' feeling in the bum and sometimes this radiates through to my lady bits. It can be down to the pelvic nerves down there and also the fact that I have an internal pile.

It's common to go to the loo numerous times a day with IBS, therefore it's common sense that the colon (and bumhole) will feel irritated (clue's in the name, right?)

Still sounding remarkably like IBS to me.
    I don’t get any pain it’s more of a belly ache but the thing is this doesn’t happen that often which I thought IBS was an often occurrence. My belly is also making loud whining and popping sounds which worries me also does it when I am not even hungry or haven’t even eaten and Since January when I had a random unusual episode of diarreah I’ve been constantly fixated on every single bowel movement since then convincing its bowel cancer and when I see the red as well that just absolutely tops it all off
    Oh and of course my minds telling me my FIT test didn’t have enough sample on it and just wasn’t bleeding that day as tbh there was no ‘blood’ in my bowel movement that day so what if it just didn’t pick it up but other times there’s blood

Just took a deep breath in and got the sharpest pain in my lower left abdomen😫

Re-read what Nora has written. It all sounds like IBS. I go through phases where I have no pain, nothing at all for months. Then I get anxious or eat something I'm sensitive to or both and my digestive system kicks off.

I understand how it could be IBS but my health anxiety literally kills me. Does anyone get sharp twinges that literally happen so quickly in there left lower side do you think that’s a symptom of it. I also find it’s worse in the morning I’ll wake up with belly aches most mornings as well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information