Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Quote Originally Posted by HA200021 View Post
    I understand how it could be IBS but my health anxiety literally kills me. Does anyone get sharp twinges that literally happen so quickly in there left lower side do you think that’s a symptom of it. I also find it’s worse in the morning I’ll wake up with belly aches most mornings as well.
    Consider the dialogue you're putting into your mind. Your brain is taking notes and responding accordingly - which is to switch on the fight or flight response.

The more you say, the more this sounds like IBS - especially the gurgling's and noises. At times it's sounded like there's an entire woodwind section playing in my stomach, and sometimes my @rse. Oh yes. Grumbly @rse!

There's an excellent sticky on here re IBS - maybe take a look?

Constantly freaking out over every little ache, pain, or squeak will keep the stress hormones flowing which directly affects the digestive system and which will absolutely keep these symptoms going..

Yes I do tend to wonder whether I imagine pain sometimes but I’m not sure if that’s possible😂 Or the more I think about it the more I feel it. Off to the doctors soon anyway for maybe the 4th time (probably going to think I’m mental) but I’m gonna be sure to tell them all about the anxiety it’s causing me.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Consider the dialogue you're putting into your mind. Your brain is taking notes and responding accordingly - which is to switch on the fight or flight response.

The more you say, the more this sounds like IBS - especially the gurgling's and noises. At times it's sounded like there's an entire woodwind section playing in my stomach, and sometimes my @rse. Oh yes. Grumbly @rse!

There's an excellent sticky on here re IBS - maybe take a look?

Constantly freaking out over every little ache, pain, or squeak will keep the stress hormones flowing which directly affects the digestive system and which will absolutely keep these symptoms going..
    Thank you!! Like one side of my head thinks it’s IBS and the other thinks the worse. I’ll have a read at that sticky also.

Hello! Now I’m having some really strange sensation. When I sit up from laying down my lower abdomen hurts like I’ve pulled a muscle even when I cough or laugh but I’ve not done any exercises!! What is this ahhh just adding to the fear!

I’ll have a read at that sticky also.
    Your thoughts?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hello! Now I’m having some really strange sensation. When I sit up from laying down my lower abdomen hurts like I’ve pulled a muscle even when I cough or laugh but I’ve not done any exercises!! What is this ahhh just adding to the fear!
    Fight or flight diverts blood to the organs/muscles that need extra power in order to make a fast get away or to stay and beat the crap out of somebody. Only we're not running away or fighting with anxiety. We're just sitting or lying there, and in this situation a cough or a sneeze can easily strain a muscle..

Also, there's good old muscle tension. We naturally tense against discomfort and you have IBS pain so you will no doubt be tensing your abdomen.

Stand down that fear. There's really no need for it...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Fight or flight diverts blood to the organs/muscles that need extra power in order to make a fast get away or to stay and beat the crap out of somebody. Only we're not running away or fighting with anxiety. We're just sitting or lying there, and in this situation a cough or a sneeze can easily strain a muscle..

Also, there's good old muscle tension. We naturally tense against discomfort and you have IBS pain so you will no doubt be tensing your abdomen.

Stand down that fear. There's really no need for it...
    The pulled muscle pain has now gone! I just get myself worked up over little things these days it’s such a nightmare! I read the ibs sticky but I’m sure I don’t have it still just because I don’t get excruciating pains that make me go to the toilet I get a belly ache and a sudden urge to go and it doesn’t hurt it’s more annoying and sudden.

Hi me again.

Still having issues. Having loose stool AGAIN but last week it went back to being sorta normal had to strain a bit type of poo and now it’s loose. I went yesterday as I had like a sensation in my back passage like a pricking sensation like something is there and when I went I accidentally looked at the TP when I wiped (I got told not to do this by the doctor) but anyway there was like little black dots could’ve been from clothes but I don’t know and then there was these two little dark red ish mainly black flecks tiny and thin so now I’m thinking it’s blood flecks): now again today I have the pricking feeling in my back passage and keep getting sudden urges but haven’t been yet as I’m so afraid of how it’s going to feel! I already know it’s going to be loose cause I’ve had these strong urges. Obviously because I’m not looking in the toilet after I go I’m terrified the stool is covered in blood and I’m missing it by not looking and it’s in my head that if I have cancer & the doctor has misdiagnosed me it is now spreading and getting a lot worse!! As I wake up with stomach aches nearly every morning I constantly have the thought of a bowel movement on my mind and constantly feel as if I have to go or haven’t completed it , really is taking over my life!! And to top it off I’m getting paranoid now that when I did my sample I didn’t do it right or that it wasn’t checked properly fml):

Hi me again.

Still having issues. Having loose stool AGAIN
    IBS.

but last week it went back to being sorta normal had to strain a bit type of poo and now it’s loose.
    IBS.

I went yesterday as I had like a sensation in my back passage like a pricking sensation like something is there
    Irritation of the back passage due to loose stools/straining. IBS.

and when I went I accidentally looked at the TP when I wiped (I got told not to do this by the doctor) but anyway there was like little black dots
    Top cause for black spots in poo is food. Foods like berries, bananas, beans, seeds - black pepper etc

Foods which contain iron like red meat.

Other culprits include green vegetables, food colouring and tomatoes..

This is normal.

’m terrified the stool is covered in blood
    Health anxiety.

and it’s in my head that if I have cancer & the doctor has misdiagnosed me it is now spreading and getting a lot worse!!
    Classic health anxiety.

As I wake up with stomach aches nearly every morning
    IBS (when IBS is kicking my @rse I'm usually waking up with griping tummy pains and on the shitter at 4am though it has been earlier)

I constantly have the thought of a bowel movement on my mind
    Health anxiety and also irritation in the colon causing the sensation of needing to go again or incompletion.

and constantly feel as if I have to go or haven’t completed it ,
    See above.

And to top it off I’m getting paranoid now that when I did my sample I didn’t do it right or that it wasn’t checked properly fml):
    Gold star health anxiety!

Shit is shit. If you got some shit into the container, then you did it right.

You have to have some faith that the NHS shit-checkers are not blithering idiots and also some sympathy that sifting through your shit is their job.

I have all the symptoms you have, and more besides. I have thirty years experience of IBS and 46 years experience of health anxiety..

Thank you I know all this and I’m no how pathetic everything I’m writing sounds but that’s what it’s doing to me!! I even woke up in the middle of the night last night to abdominal belly ache and an urgency to go and when I went and sat on the toilet it didn’t even just come straight out even when I pushed it wouldn’t which was weird given the urge. My belly then made a noise and out came diarreah with indigested leafy greens and there was a red piece like string like which I’m hoping was food as well cause I’m guessing if it was blood it would of been everywhere and I would’ve been able to tell it was blood straight away. But anyway I did the wrong thing and I googled and it said that waking up from sleeping to diarreah and belly ache isn’t normal in IBS and needs medical attention now of course my head is all over the place now and I still have abdominal pain this morning argh

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information