Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Anyone else have loose stool but struggle to actually pass it? I always thought loose stool is supposed to just come straight out?? Worrying thinking there’s a tumour blocking my rectum as I’m still having the feeling of incomplete evacuation.

Quote Originally Posted by HA200021 View Post
    Anyone else have loose stool but struggle to actually pass it?
    Yes.

Worrying thinking there’s a tumour blocking my rectum as I’m still having the feeling of incomplete evacuation.
    If there was a tumour in your rectum this would happen EVERY time you tried to poo because tumours don't take a day off. I've already covered the feeling of incomplete evacuation. It's common with IBS...

It has been happening all the time that’s why it’s worrying but if it’s common with IBS then I’m guessing it’s that. Is it common with Ibs to have a burning ache type of pain under the left breast region. Tends to happen when I’ve got up earlier than usual or had lack of sleep and it literally lasts the whole day. It’s been a common problem through my life but I’ve just started noticing it happening a lot more than it used too. Says on google gastritis /stomach ulcers etc so I’m just hoping it’s something to
    Do with IBS!

It has been happening all the time
    This has come from you scrutinising your stools and the reality is that when we have IBS (and even when we don't) stools vary on a daily basis because of what we eat and drink and also transit time in the colon..

Is it common with Ibs to have a burning ache type of pain under the left breast region. Tends to happen when I’ve got up earlier than usual or had lack of sleep and it literally lasts the whole day.
    So I'm having an IBS flare up right now...

Symptoms

Pain bottom right quadrant and bottom left.
    Pain under ribcage.
    Excess gas which is audible - even to my husband (and he's part deaf)
    Stools are across the Bristol board with everything from formed to liquid @ass (but my recent magnesium smoothie debacle has something to do with that too. Oops) and change on a daily basis.
    Nausea. (so bad the other night, I could have happily thrown up)
    Feeling of incomplete evacuation
    Bloating
    Decent (for me) appetite though (yay)

It's IBS. My anxiety is quite high at the moment and my gut always takes a kicking. Nothing you've said makes me thing anything other than good old IBS!

You're also 21 - which makes bowel cancer etc HIGHLY unlikely. Clear poo tests too? Even more unlikely. This all points towards IBS...

Start working to alleviate those IBS symptoms by helping yourself and the biggest way to help yourself is to stop worrying that this is anything more than what it is because this will just make those symptoms worse. Your digestion system needs a bit of help from you so eat healthily - work with the constipation/diarrhoea dominance and eat/drink accordingly. I use heat pads for my abdo pain and I work on my stress levels..

And STOP SCRUTINING YOUR POO!

Shit 'n' go. (wiping your bum and washing your hands also, obvs)
    Last edited by NoraB; 06-09-21 at 08:07. Reason: Boating?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    STOP SCRUTINING YOUR POO!

Shit 'n' go. (wiping your bum and washing your hands also, obvs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Poop floats and it sinks
    It's different colors and it stinks.
    It can be hard or soft like mush
    Do your business and just flush!
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you!! I’m trying so hard to not worry I’ve not been looking when I’ve gone so that’s a start! But I can still feel it each time I go and it’s been loose all week and I am still having the feeling something is left over in the rectum but no matter how hard I try to push nothing comes out. I feel like I’m fixating myself on another issue now and that’s why it keeps happening but then I’m sure you can’t imagine feeling like something is there.

Talking about floating stool , mine literally always without a doubt always floats. I have never seen it sink!!! Another worrying symptom of mine that I forgot to mention as obviously everything on google says it should always sink and that floating stool isn’t normal especially if constant.

Thank you!! I’m trying so hard to not worry I’ve not been looking when I’ve gone so that’s a start! But I can still feel it each time I go and it’s been loose all week and I am still having the feeling something is left over in the rectum but no matter how hard I try to push nothing comes out. I feel like I’m fixating myself on another issue now and that’s why it keeps happening but then I’m sure you can’t imagine feeling like something is there.
    Eh? I've already said I get the feeling of incomplete evacuation..

It's called IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME for a reason, and that irritation involves the entire colon and rectum.

You have to try and stop focusing on this sensation...

Talking about floating stool , mine literally always without a doubt always floats. I have never seen it sink!!! Another worrying symptom of mine that I forgot to mention as obviously everything on google says it should always sink and that floating stool isn’t normal especially if constant.
    Whether a turd floats or sinks is generally down to fibre (or lack of) or gas..

Hi!! I have gone a week without stressing too much over my BM maybe due to the fact I haven’t been looking! But I have still been having a feeling of something stuck in my rectum after a bm all the time and no matter how much I push nothing comes out but then this feeling goes after I wipe I then just have that uncomfortable feeling. I know I’ve been told it is a symptom of ibs so many times but my stupid health anxiety is convincing me it’s a tumour there and that’s what I can feel(read on google obviously:/) but anyway I’ve also been getting this like prickly feeling especially when I clench together which makes me feel like I need the toilet as it feels like something is there. Seems like my HA keeps finding all these new things to focus on!! Today I made the mistake of looking when I went to the toilet (didn’t examine it) but it was very loose and FLAT which obviously triggered me and it was very sticky!! Then once again when I wiped there was little bits of things and even a red little dot which sent alarm bells off in my head but the red dot was movable it was the tiniest fleck (not eaten red food but it was movable so idk) and now I have stomach ache as always as every time I have an off BM I get stomach ache. Came off my meberine for a few days as apparently should of only been taking it for 2 weeks but might need get myself back on it. Also i have been worrying about this since end of January if it was bowel cancer do you think by now I would be having more extreme symptoms ? Or not cause I’m young.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information