Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

Re: Blood in stool & lower left abdomen pain

They always take biopsies - it is normal and standard practice.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you that’s reassured me a bit. I have now been reading (I know I shouldn’t be on google) that Crohns doesn’t always show on a colonoscopy and that because my calprotectin levels where high the inflammation could actually be in the small intestine which colonoscopies can’t see.. so now after feeling happy that there’s nothing wrong with me I am now worrying that there is but it’s just in a place that can’t be seen else why else would my calprotectin levels be so high & my colonoscopy be normal🤷🏻*♀️

After all this is over and I have a definite answer I am seriously going to get some health for my anxiety… before I end up diagnosing myself with something else 🤣

Biopsies are a normal part of a colonoscopy. Based on the fact that nothing of concern was seen, I'm confident the biopsies will confirm that.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I really hope so…. Is it also normal that it’s taken me 4 days to have a bowel movement after the colonoscopy and I’ve just been and it’s loose and its also feeling like there’s something left after I’ve been… this is one of the symptoms that caused me to go get checked out in the first place.. I just want to know if having a colonoscopy can cause loose bowel movements?
    Last edited by HA200021; 17-05-22 at 15:13. Reason: Wrote the wrong thing

Quote Originally Posted by HA200021 View Post
    I really hope so…. Is it also normal that it’s taken me 4 days to have a bowel movement after the colonoscopy and I’ve just been and it’s loose and its also feeling like there’s something left after I’ve been… this is one of the symptoms that caused me to go get checked out in the first place.. I just want to know if having a colonoscopy can cause loose bowel movements?
    If you've had bum-cam you'll have had the pleasure of the deep colon cleanse where you get to evacuate the world from out of your arse, and for several hours..

It generally takes a few days for the bowel to make (and pass) poo after colonoscopy and it varies from person to person. This happened to me after my bum-cam and also the other week when I experienced aggressive loss of bodily fluids via a gastric bug thanks to my germ-ridden grandchildren.

It took three days for my poor colon to recover enough to pass stool and even then I had flashbacks..

Ahh yeah I can imagine… I’ve now just received a letter in the post saying I have a telephone appointment (due to covid apparently) with my Gastro doctor in 4 weeks time… so now I’m worried cause if it was ‘normal examination to the point of insertion’ like the report I got on the day of the colonoscopy said wouldn’t they of just sent me a letter saying it all went well and it’s normal.. why do I have to have a follow up appointment to speak to the doctor if it’s normal. So now I’m worried the biopsy’s have come back bad🤔

Again this is normal practice to talk to someone.

You are always thinking the worse when you don't need to

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know I can’t help it!! I’m now experiencing little bits on the tissue when I wipe , like red tiny dots , black dots and it appears to look mucasy on the tissue when I wipe🤦🏻*♀️ Just want this to end this was after a bit of a hard to pass
    Bowel movement that resulted in tiny little hard pieces but it did it yesterday after a more
    Softer
    Bowel movement…😡

Got my follow up appointment on Saturday and I am so nervous as to what the biopsies results will show or if I’ll need more testing. Still having stomach aches it’s always when I wake up and then this will cause me to have loose bowel movements which will be incomplete to then cause further belly ache… I am so worried I have crohns still even though the colonoscopy was normal - I heard it can be in the small bowel…which can’t be seen on a colonoscopy and considering my levels of inflam where high then could this be it? I don’t have weight loss or tiredness and I don’t have extreme diarreah or severe belly ache. My brother has just been diagnosed with Crohns he had high levels but obvious weight loss and tiredness but his was found during colonoscopy but he also had an endoscopy as well as , and he has even just had an MRI.. I’m so stressed and worried.

Can someone guide me to start a new post?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information