Thread: Do all the ladies here check your breasts regularly?

Do all the ladies here check your breasts regularly?

I'm just curious as to what other women do regarding checking their breasts.
    I used to check them regularly every month for years. Then HA took over, I kept finding things, running to the doctor, having tests, and the cycle just kept going.
    I haven't checked them in a long time myself. I can't anymore. My anxiety is too high with it.
    Does everyone here check them regularly? Am I the only person not to do it?

Re: Do all the ladies here check your breasts regularly?

I do now and again, but not routinely every month. I have dense, lumpy boobs so to be honest it's hard to tell if there is anything there that shouldn't be.

Same as catkins. I just let my doc do it at the yearly appointment. I’m very large chested and honestly don’t know that I’d recognize anything if I felt it anyway.

Thanks for your replies ladies. It's nice to know I'm not the only person who doesn't check them regularly every month.

Glassgirlw I feel the same as you in that I don't know what to feel for. I'm not in a position at the moment where I can get a doctor to check them for me so I don't know what's the best way to deal with this.
    I just find it so frustrating at times - I want them checked but I can't do it

They say just to use like two fingers and press down gently and with a circular motion. I do that, but haven’t ever felt anything. So either that’s a good sign or I just have no idea what I’m lookin for lol

I can't even do that much anymore. I used to but I kept finding something and worried myself sick then. It really has turned into a no go area for me.
    The last time my breasts were checked by a doctor was about 8 months ago and my last mammogram was 15 months ago. I'm due another mammogram in the next few months.
    I wish I could get back to being able to check them again myself. But my breasts are quite lumpy and change all the time so there is no normal for me.

Just having a wobble this evening about my breasts. I can't check them myself because my anxiety is too high about it. And the last time a doctor checked them was last Christmas.
    I saw an article on a news site earlier today that they are urging women to self check their own breasts. I only saw the headline, didn't click on it due to anxiety.
    Is anyone else going through the same thing as I am? Too scared to check them but scared they're not being checked.

I find the best and easiest time to self check is in the shower. I shower every evening (I don’t consciously check myself every day though ) and every so often when soaping up I do the checks. It’s over in seconds and I move on with my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information