Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small sore lump in armpit

Re: Small sore lump in armpit

I give up still no phone call back from doctor they said she would call this afternoon it will be evening soon and surgery closes at 6.30pm. Waited all yesterday no phone call and now today no phone call.

Re: Small sore lump in armpit

My doctor finally called me. I told her about my armpit and she said she’s not concerned about it at all and that it’s from shaving. She also put a note on my smear test appointment to let the nurse know I’m worried about it so thats made me feel a lot better. She also explained to me that smear tests aren’t to find cancer but rather to detect any abnormal cells that could lead to cancer in the future so they would get rid of them to ensure it doesn’t happen. She said I’m likely to get a negative result and that even if i did have hPV i would be seen again in a year but that these things generally go away on their own she in fact compared it to getting a wart or a verruca. She also told me that I need a break that I’m very run down which is the truth I never have any time for myself. She said if I start feeling anxiety again not to let it get bad before calling her and we would talk about meds again because they helped me loads last time and some more therapy. So for now I’m happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information