Quote Originally Posted by sparky10 View Post
It’s perfectly reasonable to ask to speak with your doctor, you are just being fobbed off and deserve to be seen by your gp.
Any health professionals worth their salt would allow you to titrate up on medication with your known sensitivity.
it’s counterproductive of them to insist that you start at the therapeutic dose when you have more chance of staying on
the medication and benefiting doing it your way.
you need to advocate for yourself and stick to your guns!
There is a good chance it would help you as you share genetics and I’ve heard many accounts where family members have been helped
with the same medication. Not always but hopefully this is the case.
Like someone else said you have to be severely ill to be sectioned and hospitalised these days. It’s a very last resort and you don’t need to be worried about that! When they said the mental health team it will most likely be access n crisis or secondary care who help people in the community and in no way look to place someone in hospital.
hope you get the help you deserve!
I really appreciate your time and response, I always feel fobbed off and once the phone is down feel very let down and annoyed with myself for not fighting for my rights, my surgery is literally one doctor and the message the surgery puts out is you have to be really sick to speak to him.

I agree and that's my point exactly, if I had 10mg of citalopram it may put me off if the side effects was to much, I just want to be in a better place for Christmas which is a Good few months away, the sectioning fear has lifted a bit with everyone replying saying the same thing. I just felt when they mentioned the mental health team they was using it as a bad thing instead of allowing me to speak to the doctor, it's a terrible surgery but they all are in my area.

Thankyou.