Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: covid comes again..

covid comes again..

I'm back 🙈 and so it seems is Covid. My inlaws are awaiting pcr results but it seems likely they'll be positive as both had positve lft's and have very covid specific symptoms (taste/smell etc). They'd had colds for a few days but didn't think anything of it, so carried on with childcare. Then came the loss of taste and smell, and subsequet tests. My little girl was there for 2 days during this and has now woken up with a high temperature, headache and sore throat :(
    Me and my husband had covid in early March this year, my little girl showed no symptoms but we assumed she'd had it asymptomatically at the same time as I was pretty much sharing a bed with her at the time. I've not yet been jabbed (not antivax, just dealing with a lot of irrational anxiety issues around it, but fully intend to overcome them). I had an antibody test at the end of May as part of a study which showed positive for antibodies. Needless to say I'm pretty scared of getting it again.
    Not sure what the point of my post is really. Just to vent. The guidelines here at the moment are that under 18s don't need to self isolate after being a close contact of someone, and to have a PCR test on day 2 and 8 after contact, which I took her for yesterday. She wasn't symptomatic then so not sure whether it'd show anything up?

Re: covid comes again..

I don't think Covid ever went away, mez. I'm so sorry you are now under the cosh again and all you can do is keep your little girl isolated because it's highly likely she has covid.
    I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine bar the usual feeling under the weather symptoms but you're now dealing with delta so should be very careful yourself as you haven't been vaccinated yet.

I wish I could say that you aren't at risk of catching it again but delta is a law unto itself. I'm sure your antibodies will help will help but what can you do when your little one is ill other than look after her..

Hello Mez,

So sorry to hear about this. I'm sure your daughter will be fine, and you and your husband do already have some antibodies so even if you get it it should be mild.

I think you saw my thread last week - I was on holiday with my friend for the 3 days and on the morning of her testing positive. I tested negative throughout my 10 days of isolation. I had had one jab too but I think my natural antibodies definitely helped.

If your daughters PCR is negative I'd probably get her to do another now she has symptoms. If she has symptoms and she is postive it should show up on LFTs too (although these aren't reliable at all!).

And if she is postive, all you can do is isolate from her as much as possible (I know it's not completely possible and you'll need to look after her!), wear a mask when you need to, keep washing your hands, and isolate as a family. You might not catch it, you might catch it and be asymptomatic, or you might catch it and just have mild symptoms. I'm sure it'll be one of those three.

Keep us posted!

thankyou- she's only 5 so I'm a bit worried they didn't get a decent swab of her as she wasn't best pleased having it done. I will attempt a lateral flow though if the PCR is negative.
    It's odd- I've had a really itchy/sneezy nose and general feeling of bleurgh yesterday and today too.
    Luckily (or unluckily?!) my husband works abroad, so he's away til September and it's just me and her. We've cancelled all plans for the week and weekend and have nothing on til I'm supposed to be at work on Tuesday by which time I hope we have some test results and things are a bit clearer

Aww that's tough if shes only 5. Do you have the new LFTs where you only need to test each nostril? Might be worth doing one of those if so.

With you it could be covid or it easily could be just feeling blergh from the situation - either way I'm sure if you do get covid it'll be mild. I know the "here we go again" feeling though, it's not nice! But you've already had it once, you'll be able to deal with it again if it does happen.

That's good your husband isn't at risk of getting it although I hope you'll be ok at home. Have you got enough food/ are you able to get some dropped off? Keep us posted on how you are.

Yes please keep us posted, mez..I hope your in- laws are ok? Waiting for test results and wondering about possible symptoms is very stressful..but you've done all this before and there's nothing you can do other than shut up shop and look after yourselves.

I've just had the result through for my daughter's PCR test and it was surprisingly negative- I'd also managed to get her to let me swab her nose for a lateral flow earlier and that was negative too. She's still quite poorly and has been sleeping on and off and very feverish all day with headaches and dizziness and hasn't wanted to eat at all. I've just checked her tonsils and they're absolutely massive and bright red, so it looks like a really badly timed case of tonsilitis or something 😞

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    I've just had the result through for my daughter's PCR test and it was surprisingly negative- I'd also managed to get her to let me swab her nose for a lateral flow earlier and that was negative too. She's still quite poorly and has been sleeping on and off and very feverish all day with headaches and dizziness and hasn't wanted to eat at all. I've just checked her tonsils and they're absolutely massive and bright red, so it looks like a really badly timed case of tonsilitis or something 😞
    Reassuring to hear that both you and your daughter have tested negative so far Mez, it must be a great relief to you both.

Saw the thread title, now I keep hearing Dolly Parton singing 'Covid Comes Again'.

Welcome to my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Saw the thread title, now I keep hearing Dolly Parton singing 'Covid Comes Again'.

Welcome to my mind...
    Aaaaand now it's stuck in my head too 🤣

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information