Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: covid comes again..

Re: covid comes again..

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Saw the thread title, now I keep hearing Dolly Parton singing 'Covid Comes Again'.

Welcome to my mind...
    Speaking of Dolly.... There's some really good song parodies out there out there

One More... this guy is great!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    Aaaaand now it's stuck in my head too 藍
    Hope it's just on a 9 to 5 basis?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Reassuring to hear that both you and your daughter have tested negative so far Mez, it must be a great relief to you both.
    Happy for you. don't worry and be strong. Here something for motivationS 22.jpg
    Last edited by Jamess87; 21-08-21 at 15:55.

my daughter is completely back to herself today, it's amazing how quickly kids bounce back from being little shivering balls of illness one day, to running round the house dancing the next day!
    We're both still negative on the lateral flow tests too so we're just going to go about our business this weekend. It was only her that came into contact with the positive case, so she doesn't have to self isolate in theory.
    They're vaccinating in our local doctor's surgery tomorrow, and I've decided to go. Not much time to think about it on a 1 minute drive to the surgery (it's forecast heavy rain, I'm not lazy!), rather than the 60 minute drive I'd have to do otherwise.

Well done, mez. It's a sensible move.

Very glad to hear about your little girl's return to full health!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Well done, mez. It's a sensible move.

Very glad to hear about your little girl's return to full health!
    Thankyou. It's my mission to stay away from google tonight 😅 I've planned to go and stay at my mum's for the night as well (provided both our lateral flows are negative again) as hopefully the company of other adults will help keep my mind off 'symptoms' after.

Glad to hear you and your daughter are ok Mez and that's great news that you've decided to get your vaccine! You can do it!

How are your inlaws?

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Glad to hear you and your daughter are ok Mez and that's great news that you've decided to get your vaccine! You can do it!

How are your inlaws?
    They're fine thankyou- they both have 'colds' but thankfully it's got no worse. They are jabbed though. Infact, they've got off a lot easier than my husband did with covid. It's sort of sealed it for me that these vaccines are working (of course I knew they were anyway, but first hand evidence is always more persuasive!) we live out in the sticks a bit so I know I'm guilty of being quite insular about things. I'm currently watching the 'ambulance' programme on Iplayer and I realise how lightly we got away with it.
    I know I'll be worried after getting it tomorrow, but I'm going to do it. Look out for my thread tomorrow 'Help! I've had it! Aaaargh!' 🤣

Anyone who doubts how serious Covid is should watch that "Ambulance" programme. Mind you they would probably say that it was fake and completely scripted by actors, I suppose?

Good luck, mez! Go and get jabbed if you can..x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Anyone who doubts how serious Covid is should watch that "Ambulance" programme. Mind you they would probably say that it was fake and completely scripted by actors, I suppose?
    Wouldn't surprise me, with the 'know-it-all' culture we now sadly live in, where people easily play the 'fake' card if things don't quite live up to their own personal agendas, Covid-related or not.

Really makes a mockery of things that are genuinely fake, a typical 'cry wolf' scenario!

BTW, Mez, I'm dead pleased to know your daughter is now on the mend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information