Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think a fourth national lockdown is inevitable?

Re: Does anyone think a fourth national lockdown is inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Lenco, the Vax rates have to change because they were based on adult population and now they have started jabbing younger people.
    Then surely culminative jab rates should have shown further increases not subtractions.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    More waves are a definite. We want to watch that the virus doesn't evolve into a nasty variant. I believe the fear of allowing the virus to circulate is this could happen. The concern for the Government is the strain on the NHS, but those numbers are rising too now so who knows what's next.

The media is awash with the Taliban news. The Government are hoping people continue as normal, and with the lack of reporting things "must be good". Which isn't the case.

I check daily stats, and while I don't worry, I do see things going south.

But keep this in mind, right now testing numbers are down, so the actual true case of positive cases isn't known. You can do some math to make a rough estimate, and it's higher than 33k cases Not sure if this has been done on purpose to keep the positive numbers lower. It's possible.

Check the testing graph from the official stats: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Now isn't the time to bury heads in sand and hope it goes away.
    ZOE daily case stats, which I think bypass the 'official' rates of daily testing are still higher at around 45k.

I know they're far from perfect and their stats tend to lag behind by at least 4 days, but I don't think there's any definitive measure right now. Even the ONS stats are always at least a week behind.

You're also right in the sense that while the constant news reporting on the Afghanistan crisis right now most rightly does take precedence, it does on the face of it seem that all things Covid have taken more of a back seat over the past week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Then surely culminative jab rates should have shown further increases not subtractions.
    If you are looking at the vaccination grid it will go down since the number of potential people that can be jabbed increases.

Yes, overall numbers increase. Have you seen them reduce? Can't say I checked that but the grid has dipped since it's a % of all available.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If you are looking at the vaccination grid it will go down since the number of potential people that can be jabbed increases.

Yes, overall numbers increase. Have you seen them reduce? Can't say I checked that but the grid has dipped since it's a % of all available.
    Oh, I kind of get you now.

'Face value' and all that!

So me and the Boy went to our local Costa yesterday. There was a big queue and I was the only person wearing a mask!

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    So me and the Boy went to our local Costa yesterday. There was a big queue and I was the only person wearing a mask!
    Funny. Where I live, people are wearing nothing BUT masks.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Funny. Where I live, people are wearing nothing BUT masks.
    Well folk have a lot more sense where you live then!

Just a small point LB; ITYM "cumulative", having noticed this in some of your other posts.

Culminative (American English) = serving to indicate the number of independent words or the important points in an utterance by assigning prominence to one syllable in each word or close-knit group of words

Cumulative = increasing or increased in quantity, degree, or force by successive additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Just a small point LB; ITYM "cumulative", having noticed this in some of your other posts.

Culminative (American English) = serving to indicate the number of independent words or the important points in an utterance by assigning prominence to one syllable in each word or close-knit group of words

Cumulative = increasing or increased in quantity, degree, or force by successive additions.
    I was referring to 'total number'.

BTW, I've found a link this morning to an interesting article about the 'misinformation pandemic' from the autumn of 2018, funnily enough just over a year before this wretched Covid pandemic first started to unfold, and largely turned out to be true.

nature.com/articles/d41586-018-07034-4
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 20-08-21 at 11:46.

I was referring to 'total number'.
    Yes, I knew that, but you were using the wrong word to describe it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information