Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think a fourth national lockdown is inevitable?

Re: Does anyone think a fourth national lockdown is inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Not a lockdown, but I'm hearing rumours that "Plan B" may be implemented.
    I agree in many ways that Plan B should have already happened all along, even before Omicron became a thing.

Boris is really getting a verbal pasting in the Commons right now, not only from MPs of the opposition parties but even from many of his own fellow Tory MPs!

I can't see that man lasting beyond 2022 in Number 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Not a lockdown, but I'm hearing rumours that "Plan B" may be implemented.
    I agree in many ways that the govt should have gone straight for Plan B back in October, even before Omicron became a thing.

Whilst on the subject of politics, Boris is really getting a verbal pasting in the Commons right now, not only from MPs of the opposition parties but also from many of his fellow Tory MPs!

The way things seem to be heading ATM, I can't see him lasting beyond 2022 in Number 10.

Even the premierships of both his predecessors May and Cameron, despite their own respective scandals and misdeeds, were a walk in the park by comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I agree in many ways that the govt should have gone straight for Plan B back in October, even before Omicron became a thing.

Whilst on the subject of politics, Boris is really getting a verbal pasting in the Commons right now, not only from MPs of the opposition parties but also from many of his fellow Tory MPs!

The way things seem to be heading ATM, I can't see him lasting beyond 2022 in Number 10.

Even the premierships of both his predecessors May and Cameron, despite their own respective scandals and misdeeds, were a walk in the park by comparison!
    Oops, kind of double posted!

That was certainly cringeworthy in the Commons...Boris continues to hide behind the vaccine rollout and fudge his way through an interrogation session this lunchtime.

What a mess..and I'm sure there are more revelations to come. Let's hope Carrie soon produces the new baby to take the pressure off Boris.

PM, what next for Boris? Back to hosting Have I Got News For You?

Reports in numerous media outlets now that an announcement could well be made today, with some parts being mandated from midnight tonight.

The cynic in me thinks this is trying to distract from the attention to the Christmas parties last year - already Johnson is trying to deflect with "that was last year so it's irrelevant".

I am beginning to think that knives are being sharpened around the 1922 committee for Johnson: so far the only likely future leaders are likely to be Liz Truss or Sajid Javid as they're relatively untouched by matters Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    PM, what next for Boris? Back to hosting Have I Got News For You?
    Most likely the after-dinner circuit or writing his Telegraph column for "chicken feed" - that's £250,000 a year to you and me.

I think he should resign immediately. It's appalling. Who would take over? Anyone with integrity if such a thing still exists in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think he should resign immediately. It's appalling. Who would take over? Anyone with integrity if such a thing still exists in politics.
    Next they will no doubt be desperate to find faults with Keir Starmer (real or imagined) and people have already accused him of siding with odious barstewards like Jimmy Savile in the past, in which there's no concrete evidence of, and whatever other myths and conspiracy theories both the media and the Great British Public can conjure up.

Trouble is, pretty much all politicians the world over now get tarred with the same brush!

Well Plan B has officially been announced tonight, but it's nowhere near a full national lockdown though, as I personally can still generally be doing after tomorrow what I could still be doing today, albeit with greater mask restrictions, of which I never strayed from before anyway.

"Plan B" was never about lockdowns though LB, just a few more measures to try and limit the spread.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information