Thread: Feels like I'm going insane

Feels like I'm going insane

I suppose I should start positive. I decided, instead of eliminating reassurance rituals altogether, I might as well shorten them to make it more bearable. And while its still tough its at least better than before.

But as the weeks go by, its like my mind keeps digging and digging more into the darkness and my thoughts are getting more nonsensical to justify my fears yet I believe them anyway. Plus situations I use to be okay with are now monotonous thanks to these thoughts.

I don't know what to do. I'm still too frightened to talk about these things to my therapist and I feel like I'll never recover unless I can go back in time to before this pandemic and the UK government's horrifically incompetent ways to handle it (seriously if I didn't despise politics before, I do now) were happening. Of course I'll never give up hope and the other good news is, my work coach is helping me with unemployment but its like life has now become a chore, and a horrible one at that.

I know I keep posting like this all the time but I just need more advice. I want to know that there's at least a light at the end of the tunnel and that I'll finally be able to get back into that light again.

Re: Feels like I'm going insane

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I suppose I should start positive. I decided, instead of eliminating reassurance rituals altogether, I might as well shorten them to make it more bearable. And while its still tough its at least better than before.

But as the weeks go by, its like my mind keeps digging and digging more into the darkness and my thoughts are getting more nonsensical to justify my fears yet I believe them anyway. Plus situations I use to be okay with are now monotonous thanks to these thoughts.

I don't know what to do. I'm still too frightened to talk about these things to my therapist and I feel like I'll never recover unless I can go back in time to before this pandemic and the UK government's horrifically incompetent ways to handle it (seriously if I didn't despise politics before, I do now) were happening. Of course I'll never give up hope and the other good news is, my work coach is helping me with unemployment but its like life has now become a chore, and a horrible one at that.

I know I keep posting like this all the time but I just need more advice. I want to know that there's at least a light at the end of the tunnel and that I'll finally be able to get back into that light again.
    You're not alone mate, I feel just as despondent as you right now. It's as if the lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum right now.

I agree that politics and life in general already sucked pre-pandemic, but the events of the past 12 months have really taken all the existing crap to a whole new level.

Re: Feels like I'm going insane

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You're not alone mate, I feel just as despondent as you right now. It's as if the lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum right now.

I agree that politics and life in general already sucked pre-pandemic, but the events of the past 12 months have really taken all the existing crap to a whole new level.
    I know.

I'm starting to feel I'm never going to recover should this pandemic be prolonged. I've changed my diet a bit, done more walking and while its slightly helped, I feel like as long as I'm stuck in the house I'll never recover the same way I could before. I just want things to get better, not worse. To be happy again.

Thread Information