Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancer Fear!

Re: Cancer Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Deb350 View Post
    Scales can vary quite a lot and you’ve probably lost some weight getting yourself into an anxious state over everything.
    That's what I'm trying to tell myself. I woke up today with such bad upper back pain I've convinced myself even more this is the "C"

Still waiting on my test results aswell.

Results are back. Dr says they're satisfactory. I've seen them myself and have noticed my red blood cell count is slightly over the threshold.

I managed to actually eat more yesterday than I have in a while but this morning I just feel sick again.

Dr wants to weigh me again in a few weeks but I'm not convinced there isn't something awful wrong.

Would it even show up in bloods? I'm doubting them so much

I personally think that your lack of appetite/feeling sick is a symptom of anxiety and that you had felt reassured by the test results (temporarily), which enabled you to relax enough to eat.

I would try and believe your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I personally think that your lack of appetite/feeling sick is a symptom of anxiety and that you had felt reassured by the test results (temporarily), which enabled you to relax enough to eat.

I would try and believe your doctor.
    Yeah usually as soon as I get an all clear, I'm back to normal. But I can't shake this. I genuinely feel unwell like something is really wrong.

I woke up today feeling lightheaded and dizzy. TMI but Went to the toilet and all I passed was a bit of mucus. Never happened to me before.

I've lost 4lbs this week. I'm guessing cos of the lack of food but it's still worrying

Hi, it’s most likely that your anxiety has got you in such a frenzy it’s affected your appetite. Easy for me to say I know.

I’m currently having issues similar to you, consumed with worry about c. It’s really hard when you feel off physically and then get on Google and it all seems to match.

I have read a lot about the strong link between anxiety and stomach problems. I also think that when you worry your physical symptoms are heightened. I know Ive found that myself in the past. It doesn’t stop me worrying, sadly, so I know how you feel.

Do you feel you can talk to your doctor about it?

This has all flared up again and I'm back to being convinced I have some sort of cancer!!

Burning pain under left boob guessing stomach area, also pains around my liver area.

Nausea and/or vomiting every morning.

I'm on Omeprazole but the symptoms are still there AND I'm still losing weight. Not as dramatically but it's definitely becoming more noticeable.

I'm worried the Dr's are missing something and it'll be too late.

Anyone?? I'm spiralling so much.

I rang the Dr's this morning to see when my appointment was as I had a really bad pain in my right abdomen worse than I've ever had and she said I was down as routine for 3-4 weeks??? Routine??? I have pain, no appetite and I'm losing weight!! How is that routine??

I've absolutely convinced myself this is cancer and they're doing f all about it just cos my recent bloods "were okay"

I'm so fed up of it all the health care system is a joke

Your bloods were OK, which is a good indicator that you haven't got cancer. If they were concerned about cancer they would see you a lot faster. So it's a good sign that they aren't.

What dose of omeprazole are you on? It didn't work as well for me as lansoprazole (they tried to switch me from lanzoprazole to omeprazole and it wasn't effective, so they switched me back).

It could be that your dose isn't right or they need to switch you to lansoprazole.

So they've now got me an out of hours telephone appointment for the weekend. But guess if they were REALLY concerned I'd have been in there tomorrow or Friday.

I'm on 20mg Omeprazole a day. I tried Lansoprazole and it worked for the reflux symptoms but it made me feel so weird and spaced out I had to switch back.

It's just all so frustrating. I've even sat here tonight and bloody compared my previous 3 blood tests from last year and 2019.

No great differences although a few numbers have crept up but I Don't even know if that means anything

Any updates?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information