Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Food and Drug Association approves Pfizer

Re: US Food and Drug Association approves Pfizer

.Poppy. - is the GoFundMe page to fund his treatment? Surely his health insurance will cover that?

It is for lost money since he can’t work, and for some reason his wife can’t work either?

Insurance should cover in theory but they are starting to move to not cover treatment for people who haven’t been vaccinated. And he may not be insured, I’m not sure. And I think even those with insurance still have a chunk to pay off; insurance is terrible here.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I'm astonished but not surprised that insurance companies are potentially going to refuse to pay for treatment if you refuse to be vaccinated, although I can imagine a few of the more strident voices in the media and the Senate having something to say about that.

Here in the UK there are those who think NHS treatment should be refused to the obese, smokers and alcohol/drug addicts on the basis that their health problems are "self inflicted".

So I have heard that this isn't really something new - apparently insurance companies can refuse to pay for hospital treatment if someone comes down with pneumonia or something else that is related to the flu if they did not get the flu vaccine. The idea being that it was preventable. Ultimately they just don't want to pay out.

I definitely think it's a slippery slope to go down, and now of course some areas are discussing triage where unvaccinated individuals will be farther down the list for organs or even hospital care if they have Covid. A lot of people find this very unfair, but I was explained that in triage situations it is down to who has the higher chance of survival. I know people who cannot get the vax and I don't think it applies to them, but for people who just straight up don't want to get it, that's on them.

I actually have a friend who can't get the vax, she has tried but has had issues with vaccines in the past and her doctor would require her to sign something in order to get it. She convinced her sister to get vaccinated (thankfully as she works with the elderly) but is absolutely livid because her parents refuse. Her dad is in the military and is considering dropping his benefits and leaving early just so that he doesn't have to get it. This whole thing is just one big mess, honestly.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information