Thread: Throat/chest is scaring me :(

Throat/chest is scaring me :(

I will preface this by saying I've been very run down this past week or so. But beginning yesterday, my throat began to hurt - not in a typical throat pain way but it felt scratchy almost? Kind of dry and tickly but without any phlegm to dislodge.

Fast forward to today, I've just received my second vaccine and did a very early morning shift that I hadn't slept well for. My throat is now hurting further down, I can feel phlegm in it that won't budge and when I laugh or exhale too hard too quickly my chest aches.

I understand I am run down, sleep deprived, and have been suffering other health anxiety issues recently but this one is beginning to frighten me, despite all my rationalisations. I've never felt a sensation like this in my body before and I'm worried my voice will go or I'll struggle to breathe in my sleep later.

Any advice on how to alleviate or cope with this would be so appreciated :( Panic is starting to creep up!

Re: Throat/chest is scaring me :(

I get that feeling right before I come down with some kind of chest cold. I know Covid is all the talk these days, but there are other run of the mill cold viruses about and especially if you’re run down, it’s possible you’ve caught a little bug of some sort. Take lots of vitamin c and drink lots of water, hopefully you feel better soon!

Thread Information