Thread: IBS D - how did you get diagnosed with this?

IBS D - how did you get diagnosed with this?

Hi,
    My husband has had on going watery poos for the last few months. Some time they are fine and then a few times per week he would have runny ones ( sorry for the tmi)
    He has had full blood count, stool test for infection and tests for inflammatory bowel. All came out normal.
    I have health anxiety so my concern is bowel cancer however the doctors don't seem think it is. He is 41.
    People with IBS - d, how were you diagnosed?

With his full blood count being normal, I am taking some reassurance from this.
    Anyone's experience on this would be great to hear.
    Thanks.

Re: IBS D - how did you get diagnosed with this?

Having soft serve ice cream like stools often, watery stools, abdominal cramping from mild to severe, doctor just listened to my issues, told them that when I eat onions, garlic, artifical sweetner that I get pain, gas, bloating, no family history of cancers, that my dad also had similar issues, I do have anxiety, no bloody stool or pencil thin stools, dr goes yep you have IBS/D, before I talked to the doctor I kept a stool journal where I would write down what my stool was like that day, if i had any pain what I ate, and doing that for three months daily, I was diagnosed with IBS/D, make sure to get plenty of fiber, follow the fodmap eating plan for two weeks then after two weeks slowly introduce certain foods again, I can't have onion, garlic, avocado, HFCS, any sugars ending in itol, like sorbitol, manitol, spicy foods, deep fried foods, hot dogs, or a lot of sugar, or pasta sauce, it triggers my IBS.

Thread Information