Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too much caffeine - a success story?

Too much caffeine - a success story?

I avoided caffeine for years because of palpitations and panic attacks. Recently, however, I've been making cautious forays back into coffee drinking, mostly because Mr. Iris buys and grinds his own beans and I'm only human, how can I resist that smell?

Yesterday, however, my luck finally ran out. Had a (delicious) coffee at a shop at lunchtime, then didn't refuse when Mr. Iris brought me one in the evening.

No palps. No panic. Stayed awake longer than usual but that was okay because I had tons of interesting things to do thoughts to think. Got to sleep eventually and without undue hassle.

... It's just shy of 5am now, I woke an hour ago and I'm wondering whether I actually want that piercing I enquired about at 10.30 last night (Earlobes, Terry, before you start). I think I probably do, but damned if I didn't make the enquiry in an altered state.

Re: Too much caffeine - a success story?

Coffee after lunchtime is ALWAYS a bad idea for me. I can’t bare my sleep being interrupted. But, more importantly, did you get the piercing?? Can we see a picture?

Getting it done today - it's just my ears. I Iet them heal over long ago because I was having problems with allergies, but I've done my research and I'm pretty sure I can minimise the risk.

Still nervous, though, obviously.

A word of caution Blue..

This could be that your system has done a reset and if so - woohoo!

However, I've gone a long time without something (like chocolate) then I've chanced some and I've been Ok. So I've figured I'm safe? A few days later it all goes tits up when those chemicals have built up again..

Then again, I struggle with 'moderation'. Why have a handful of Cadbury buttons when I can scoff the entire (family sized) bag?

Sorry to be the bearer of shit news, and I really hope this isn't the case for you, but I think you should be prepared and approach with caution..

Good luck for the ear piercings and glad you enjoyed your artisan coffees!

Send me a picture later BI?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    A word of caution Blue..

This could be that your system has done a reset and if so - woohoo!

However, I've gone a long time without something (like chocolate) then I've chanced some and I've been Ok. So I've figured I'm safe? A few days later it all goes tits up when those chemicals have built up again..

Then again, I struggle with 'moderation'. Why have a handful of Cadbury buttons when I can scoff the entire (family sized) bag?

Sorry to be the bearer of shit news, and I really hope this isn't the case for you, but I think you should be prepared and approach with caution..
    No, you were totally right. My anxiety was a little bit up yesterday, but that wasn't half as much of a nuisance as the searing gut cramps and explosive squits.

Going back to keeping it to one coffee every couple of days, which I've been okay on for a few months.

On the bus to go get pierced after debating with myself endlessly. I'm bricking it because I never had a needle piercing before, but Mr. Iris really helped when he told me just to focus on the end result and how much I wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    On the bus to go get pierced after debating with myself endlessly. I'm bricking it because I never had a needle piercing before, but Mr. Iris really helped when he told me just to focus on the end result and how much I wanted it.
    what were your allergies to your previous piercing attempt, BI? I only ask because I have 7 piercings (three in each earlobe and one in the upper cartilage on one side) that I got as a teenager, 20+ years ago - and I haven’t been able to wear any earrings for probably the last 15 of those years lol. I can’t seem to find a metal that I don’t have an allergy to, and I have to have tried them all by now haha - even super expensive gold, stainless, and sterling. Every single metal my earlobe gets red and itchy and uncomfortable after about an hour or two of wearing the earrings. It’s so frustrating!!!!

good luck with your piercing! Let us know how it comes out! Mine were all done by piercing gun, except for the one adventurous time in my teens when I pierced my own bellybutton with a needle, lighter, and ice cube. Ah, the old days, to be young and stupid again. LOL

I did a lot of research before I decided to go for it, and apparently the safest options are niobium and implant-grade titanium. From what I can tell, niobium isn't that readily available in the UK, so I made sure that the place I went to offered titanium studs.

In the end, the studio only did gun piercings for lobes (which I wasn't delighted about because of potential tissue trauma) but that landed up not being relevant because the guy who owned the place was able to reopen my original piercings. I got titanium studs put in and other than a tiny bit of soreness from the reopening process I've had zero reaction. It actually feels slightly weird because I just realized I've never worn earrings that didn't make my lobes swell.

Should also say that titanium is very affordable, the sleeper studs cost me £5, which I'm guessing is equivalent to about $6.50.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information