Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too much caffeine - a success story?

Re: Too much caffeine - a success story?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    No, you were totally right. My anxiety was a little bit up yesterday, but that wasn't half as much of a nuisance as the searing gut cramps and explosive squits.

Going back to keeping it to one coffee every couple of days, which I've been okay on for a few months.
    I only drink decaf tea now. I have one cup of proper coffee (half a teaspoon) at 6am to aid with the 'colon cleansing' process.

Anyway, a few months ago I'd been drinking my tea (and was off the chocolate) but I felt especially wired and started having lots of panic attacks. Turned out that my husband (the tit) had put normal teabags in my decaf tin.

Same with alcohol..
    After a few years of abstinence, one Saturday last year I sat down to watch a re-run of The Cure at Glastonbury (2019 set) and I had a couple of Glenfiddich's. I was chair dancing and everything!

So, I thoroughly enjoyed myself until I woke up at 2am feeling like Death was paying me a visit. 'Liquid @ass', pain all over my body, nausea, chills, and no chance of sleep.

I semi-died over the next few days and finally started to feel less-dead around Wednesday. I'd literally had two single measures of whiskey watered down, and that was the state I was in!

So, no, Nora. Alcohol is still on the banned list for you.

I've only just seen this thread.

How's it going with your ears?

I love coffee, but it's a no no for me at the moment. I did have a cup of normal a couple of weeks ago, it was one of those just add water and the milk is in there (we were out walking and I didn't want to pay for coffee). It was OK and nothing major happened.

So sticking to decaf and having no alcohol either at the moment.

Piercings are better behaved than they ever were in my life, so clearly titanium and niobium are the way forward.

Work's been too busy this week for caffeine to be an option. Sigh.

Pleased your ears are doing well!

Start of term must be a complete nightmare. Maybe a treat at the weekend?

Unfortunately I have a craft fair on Saturday, so another working day. Having a sofa day on Sunday, though, and my favourite (pricy) Korean takeout on Monday night.

Do you ever suffer from the after effects of Korean food, BI?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Getting it done today - it's just my ears. I Iet them heal over long ago because I was having problems with allergies, but I've done my research and I'm pretty sure I can minimise the risk.

Still nervous, though, obviously.
    I'm allergic to nickel. The upside to this is that a few hours wearing cheap earrings equals weeping and hours of joy picking the scabs. (and comments from my husband about me being a manky b'stard)

I'm a terrible picker. Not so much scabs - but I can't let a spot lay undisturbed.

Okay, so, things are going. It was a busy week at work (enrolment, which means teachers are back and asking for all the things I could easily have sorted back in June). A restful weekend would have been nice, but my favourite craft fair was scheduled for Saturday.

It was a good day. A really good day. I took about twice as much as my previous best. Once the cash started flowing in, though, I freaked out. Like, actually feeling faint and shaky, which has only ever happened to me immediately after getting tattooed.

After quite a lot of very sweet tea, I felt halfway normal but still haven't made it all the way. I was awake between 1am and 2.30am last night, not panicked but very tired and a bit annoyed with myself. Today I tried doing some online shopping but got hugely stressed, gave up and had to get Mr. Iris to help until I could make a decision.

Was trying to settle and then I got an email with a largish commission request. I'm not dealing with it tonight but I'm still feeling massively wired up at the thought of sourcing materials and trying to create exactly what's wanted.

Everything's going so well, but for whatever reason (tired and overstimulated, most likely) I'm really, really on edge.

Planning on relaxing with YouTube, breathing exercises and a drop of lavender oil on a tissue, but can anybody recommend any other good ways to come down quickly? I hate feeling like this.

After my climbing the sand slide outburst the other day I did a breathing guided meditation which I found really helped. It was on Insight Timer by someone called Colette Power. I think it's called the kindness of breathing. It was recommended by my counsellor and I'm trying to do it every day (not so easy when I'm on holiday).

The good thing is it's only 10 minutes long so you don't feel like you're having to invest too much time into it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information