Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right foot and leg feels like its burning. Scared of DVT.

Right foot and leg feels like its burning. Scared of DVT.

I've had weird sensations in the base of my right foot for years. Anything from tingles to twitching. Occasionally I get flashes of heat in the sole of that foot too. It comes and goes in waves. I don't worry too much as it stayed to one spot in my foot and didn't get any worse or different.

Last night though, while I was in bed reading, my right foot started off with that hot "inner warmth" feeling and I ignored it as the usual thing it sometimes likes to do. Then it quickly spread up my whole foot and lower leg. It didn't hurt, didn't look off colour, and wasn't swollen. I touched the skin and it was the same temperature as my other leg. Gradually after about 20 minutes, it faded away and didn't bother me for the rest of the night.

Then it happened again this morning while I was sitting eating breakfast. I didn't have the leg at a weird angle or anything, but my foot felt like the sun was shining directly on it. It spread up to my knee and a little on my outer thigh. Again, it subsided after about twenty minutes.

I'm a little freaked out about DVT, but it tends to come with pain, swelling, and skin that is actually hot to the touch. My leg feels perfectly cool when I touch it. Of course my brain is focused on the few people who show only vague symptoms and end up actually having a blood clot. That could be me. I don't want to ignore something potentially serious, but I'm sure my gp would send me home if I just came in with "a warm leg that isn't even warm"

The only way I can describe the feeling is that it's an intense sensation of warmth and spreads from my foot upwards, like its flowing through my veins. When I touch the skin, it doesn't feel hot at all. I can't see any discolouration either.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Re: Right foot and leg feels like its burning. Scared of DVT.

Seems you're in a bit of a rabbit hole lately WR. Has something happened that's triggered all these worries?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Seems you're in a bit of a rabbit hole lately WR. Has something happened that's triggered all these worries?

FMP
    I'm really not quite sure to be honest. There's no real trigger that I can identify. I can only guess it's my general physical health that influences it.

I get symptoms that tend to come in waves and increase in intensity. Things like numbness in one limb, weakness in limbs, clumsiness, dizziness, rashes from sunlight, hair loss, fingers that dislocate - lots of fun things! The fatigue from those symptoms could maybe contribute to me feeling anxious. I also deal with chronic pain (Pain from diagnosed issues)

Once the strange symptoms fade away, I don't feel anxiety at all. The anxiety free, symptom free times can last for weeks or months and I honestly don't give anything a second thought. I always have pain of course, but I'm cool with that, because I know what it is. I do have OCD which is very specific to a certain set of phobias to do with zoonotic diseases and food contamination, but general, every day health issues aren't one of them. I do accept that my OCD tendencies can leak into other aspects of my life, so it's probably not helping. Recently the episodes of symptoms have been closer together.

During a one of these "symptom waves" a paramedic checking me told me to get investigated for a neuro problem as there was a distinct pattern to what I described. She said to really push to get referred because what I had wasn't normal, and didn't go with anxiety. I followed her advice, but I was immediately brushed off by a GP, she didn't want to to check me at all.

I feel like the constant dismissal is just adding to my stress too. I'm a very polite, soft spoken female who gets nervous when explaining what's wrong with me, so it can often feel like I get immediately overlooked, or assumed to be anxious about every single thing I talk about. The only time a doctor referred me was when my boyfriend attended my appointment and proved that my symptoms were not in my head.

I'm a little concerned about something like MS, as family members have it, and theirs didn't show up on their first MRI either. If it makes sense, I'm not super worried if I do have that, as I know what to expect mostly. I'd honestly be relieved. The mystery symptoms that wax and wane are just p***ing me off at this point.

Wonderful, my leg is now crampy. The pain seems to move around though, from toes to ankle and sometimes the calf. Not sure if it's from flexing it to check for pain, or it's a clot developing. Doesn't hurt to walk on.

My knees extend back way too far when I'm standing or carrying something (hypermobile) so I'm trying to tell myself it's likely I pulled something when standing with my knee "locked" or doing heavy lifting in the garden.

Still not swollen, discoloured or hot to touch.

I have a hypermobility of joints too, my legs sometime feels the same, and I have no DVT. What helped with cramps is magnesium supplement.

Oh, I also have 3 herniared discs that used to give me neurological symptoms. Maybe start to do some gentle spine exercise, anx see iv it helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    I have a hypermobility of joints too, my legs sometime feels the same, and I have no DVT. What helped with cramps is magnesium supplement.
    Thanks for your reply I take a magnesium supplement at the moment, which has definitely helped with muscle twitches. I'm not sure If all my checking has now pulled something in my leg, but this morning my whole knee and some of my hamstring had stuff/crampy/pulled muscle pain when I got out of bed. I have been flexing my toes towards me to check if it causes an increase in pain as I read that's one of things they check with DVT. Maybe all the foot flexing has pulled something. The pain only really flares up if I twist a certain way when walking. This knee also feels a lot less stable than the other one (I think it can happen like this with hypermobility)

Going to keep an eye on it today while I try not to freak out!

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post

Maybe all the foot flexing has pulled something. The pain only really flares up if I twist a certain way when walking. This knee also feels a lot less stable than the other one (I think it can happen like this with hypermobility)
    It sure sounds like it. Stretching is also a type of exercise, maybe give it a few days of break, and see if it gets better?
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Iwant2bhealthy; 01-09-21 at 19:31.

Upper inner thigh hurting today. Hot flashes all over leg. Terrified its a clot that has moved. Called 111 and they said they'd get a doctor to call me back within six hours.

So scared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information