Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right foot and leg feels like its burning. Scared of DVT.

Re: Right foot and leg feels like its burning. Scared of DVT.

They checked out my leg and said they didn't think it was a DVT at all. The areas that are painful are closer to the sciatic nerve, rather than the large arteries they would be concerned about. The warm water sensation is more nerve related. My legs were even, same temperature, and have no redness.

They said they were so sure it wasn't a DVT that they weren't going to bother with the rapid D-Dimer. they had in their pocket. I was so upset they decided not to use the test, but I have to trust their opinion. I can't keep relying on tests, as much I wish they just took that test. They were super kind to me, and listened, and examined my leg thoroughly, so I need to be content with that and just hope this pain fades soon.

I can't say I didn't burst into tears while in there though, haha. It all came tumbling out. Fortunately, the person seeing me was extremely understanding, kind, and patient. They told me it sounded like I had a lot of symptoms with no resolution, and how that would definitely make a person anxious.

I'm not 100% reassured this isn't a DVT, but I know I need to trust what they said.

Oh my! I see that spell check wasn't my friend in the last post...

I'm glad you got a thorough check at the doctors. Did you already think about talking to your GP about your HA, and looking into theraphy for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Oh my! I see that spell check wasn't my friend in the last post...

I'm glad you got a thorough check at the doctors. Did you already think about talking to your GP about your HA, and looking into theraphy for that?
    It's all good! I've sent emails off to customers with a VERY unfortunate misspelling of "kind regards". Thanks for your reply!

My anxiety tends to come in waves, and seems to stem from symptoms that come and go. I've been to therapy for OCD, and general anxiety too before that. In the end, HA didn't fit, but I guess I have a more reactive anxiety? I'm in a bit of chicken or egg situation where my anxiety is most likely caused by the symptoms I feel rather than the other way around. I live with chronic pain, and waves of weird symptoms like rashes in sunlight, hair loss, food sensitivities, numb limbs etc etc.

The anxiety completely disappears when each "flare up" goes away, and I can be completely chilled out for weeks or even months. I think I just need to try and find ways to focus staying calm when I do experience weird symptoms.

Bah this is so difficult. My upper leg is pretty painful today. No redness or swelling I can see, but I still can't be sure there's no clot. It definitely hurts in my thigh muscle to walk, and a bit behind my knee too. My brain is trying to tell me "what if you're that person without classic signs of a DVT and it's in your thigh" I just wish they had run the rapid d-dimer test to reassure me. Because I didn't match any criteria for somebody at risk, other than being overweight, they didn't run it. I feel like crying today as I'm convinced I have a clot which will travel to my lung.

And now today I have crampy pain in the back of my leg along with tenderness...exactly the spot where the doctor told me a DVT would be as its where the main vein is. This is impossible to ignore. I'm convinced it's got to be a clot that is making it's way up my body. My calf keeps cramping up as soon as I start walking around, but then calms down a bit as the day goes on. I just want the pain to go away so I can reassure myself it's not a clot.
    Last edited by WorryRaptor; 03-09-21 at 12:19.

Upper leg, hamstring and toes are in a lot of pain today. I guess it has to be sciatic in nature. My pinky toe is also popping a lot, and was numb this morning until it clicked really loudly and feeling came back into it. If it was DVT, I think there would be swelling by now.

How are you feeling now?
    Currently going through a dvt scare with cramping in my left leg started in my calf now inner thigh pain really hurts to walk on but no swelling or hot to touch. I’ve got a gp appointment tomorrow but am terrified of it being a dvt and travelling to my lungs in my sleep.

Health anxiety really makes these times so much more terrifying!

Hoping you’re feeling better or had some sort of explanation for your pain

Quote Originally Posted by Eevie View Post
    How are you feeling now?
    Currently going through a dvt scare with cramping in my left leg started in my calf now inner thigh pain really hurts to walk on but no swelling or hot to touch. I’ve got a gp appointment tomorrow but am terrified of it being a dvt and travelling to my lungs in my sleep.

Health anxiety really makes these times so much more terrifying!

Hoping you’re feeling better or had some sort of explanation for your pain
    DVT scares are no fun right!

I ended up in A&E for a different reason, and they ran a d-dimer on me just to rule it out as I had chest pain. It was negative. I still have the crampy leg feeling and pain all up my thigh and it comes and goes. I'm learning to ignore it!

It's fairly safe to say if you don't have swelling or heat, the likelihood of it being DVT is extremely low. This might hopefully give you a little bit of reassurance - The nurse who checked my leg over told me a DVT would hurt along the main vein, and she pressed really hard into my leg all the way up. The pain would be unmistakable, and she would spot it. Also if your pain feels closer to the surface, its almost certainly muscular, or from sciatic nerve pain. She explained that the sciatic nerve can cause inner thigh pain which can radiate, even into the foot. The absence of swelling, heat, redness, or leg size difference is also reassuring that it's not a DVT, so if you don't have those it's even less likely its anything more than a muscle strain. I measured both my calves and thighs in circumference and they were roughly the same size with maybe 1 centimeter in difference. A difference more than 3 is when they look into it more. (make sure you measure the exact same spot on each leg if you are measuring, because even a slight difference can throw the measurements way off and cause anxiety!)

I think you're probably safe to wait till your appointment tomorrow and your GP can check you over. They know the signs to look for, and those signs aren't subtle. Lots of touch points and questions that Google doesn't tell you about If they're really worried, or anything sets off a red flag, they have rapid bedside d-dimer tests.

I hope you feel better soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information