Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: My lexapro diary

Re: My lexapro diary

I think it might be a good idea to look into therapy again. The right meds can help but they're aren't a chemical "fix". Were you happy with your psychologist last time?

Will be calling my psychologist tomorrow to book in an appointment.

Not going to continue on the lexapro, even at this low dose for the last 2 1/2 weeks I’m getting more side effects than benefits. Constant headaches/head sensations and doesn’t allow me to relax just like I’m on a dirty street drug.

Maybe my mind is still adjusting after being on the higher doses?

Went to work yesterday and managed to do 6 hours but felt brain dead the whole time.

Seeing psychologist next Friday.

Coming off SSRIs is harder than coming on. :-(

I think you will benefit from trying another course of therapy. Even from the point of view that you will be able to talk through what is really bothering you and what could be the root cause. I think you've had enough of ADs for the time being and need a fresh approach? Psychologically it could help even if only to take the edge off your distress.

Hey Pulisa hope you’re well. Haven’t seen PDU around for a while and hope he’s ok.

Talk therapy sometimes loses effect if there is no clear goal in mind. That is why I didn’t do it for the last 6 months or so. However if I feel really low it is good just to talk about anything. I do think there are some problems I have been sweeping under the rug that need airing.

As for medication I won’t say never again but I am happy to have a break from it. I still take valium or clonazepam from time to time.

I have booked in for knee surgery in January and although going under frightens me I am looking forward to getting some relief from the pain and swelling I have been putting up with for the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
    Haven’t seen PDU around for a while and hope he’s ok.
    Was slacking in hospital for a few weeks. I apparently have an incurable illness, stupidity, which may end up being fatal one of these days. Tried doing something that would have been unwise at half my age and paid the price. Still have quite a hole in one leg as a reminder of my folly.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Was slacking in hospital for a few weeks. I apparently have an incurable illness, stupidity, which may end up being fatal one of these days. Tried doing something that would have been unwise at half my age and paid the price. Still have quite a hole in one leg as a reminder of my folly.
    I noticed you hadn't been on too PDU, hope you're in the mend.

Sounds extremely painful, PDU and really sorry to hear that you've been in hospital. It must have been really bad luck and not "folly".

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
    Hey Pulisa hope you’re well. Haven’t seen PDU around for a while and hope he’s ok.

Talk therapy sometimes loses effect if there is no clear goal in mind. That is why I didn’t do it for the last 6 months or so. However if I feel really low it is good just to talk about anything. I do think there are some problems I have been sweeping under the rug that need airing.

As for medication I won’t say never again but I am happy to have a break from it. I still take valium or clonazepam from time to time.

I have booked in for knee surgery in January and although going under frightens me I am looking forward to getting some relief from the pain and swelling I have been putting up with for the last year.
    Living with chronic pain certainly adds to low mood and really drags you down. Hopefully the op will bring benefits both physically and mentally.

I understand what you mean about therapy "goals". I suppose you have to weigh up whether you are prepared to talk about issues which you have kept hidden for a while? That can be a big step.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I noticed you hadn't been on too PDU, hope you're in the mend.
    Thanks. I am. It looked grim for a while, but the only issue now is a sizeable hole that will take another month or so to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sounds extremely painful, PDU and really sorry to hear that you've been in hospital. It must have been really bad luck and not "folly".
    It wasn't that painful, pulisa. The real problem was the antibiotic resistant infection that followed. And it was folly. I knew it was stupid and that I'd likely hurt myself, but did it anyway to save time. As it turned out the damage was minimal, just took the surface layer of skin off a shin so I thought I'd gotten off lightly until the leg blew up to twice its normal size and turned a very deep red 3 days later. There's no fool like an old fool!!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information