Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: My lexapro diary

Re: My lexapro diary

You didn't know that you'd get such a severe infection...Just goes to show how dangerous these things can be. I'm glad you're home now but take it easy whilst you are healing!

Glad to hear you are on the mend Ian. Infections can be a pain to treat and thankfully most doctors take them very seriously.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yes pulisa I pushed my injured knee too far at work for a couple of days climbing ladders and what not and it has really stuffed me up. Think I’ll have to go back to half days for a while until I have the operation.

Problem I have had is I can’t really relax (anxiety) so when I am at work I go at a fast pace and end up injuring myself.
    Seeing psychologist tomorrow afternoon to see if she has some strategies to slow me down and just talk through some issues in general.

Also stopping the lexapro has been harder than I thought. Depression and anxiety plus fatigue and prickly sensations on my face. Looks like 3 months was long enough for it to get into my system.

Hope you got some helpful strategies to try out from the psychologist..and that you believe that they will be worth trying regardless of how you are feeling mentally and physically.

Mentally feel very weird. My energy levels are all over the place! Think there might be a little bit of benzo withdrawal going on as well as SSRI discontinuation. Not sure but I am just trying to ride out the next week and hope things settle.

The psychologist and I agreed I was doing my best when I was physically fit and working steady hours and not on medication.

I lost a lot of work due to covid restrictions and as I was employed as a casual I didn’t qualify for government assistance.

At the moment I have to go easy on my bad knee till I get the surgery and from there on I hope to start feeling better a little bit at a time.

It is a slow recovery but I have to accept it.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information